FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » reply to a reply
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
reply to a reply [message #5450] Tue, 03 September 2002 15:42 Go to next message
dbrocard2 is currently offline  dbrocard2   France
Bonjour,
When I make a reply to a post, the first time Re: appears in the title of the reply, but if I reply to the reply, there is no Re:Re: in the title, and so there is no thread, did I miss anything?
THank you for your help
Dominique
Re: reply to a reply [message #5454 is a reply to message #5450] Tue, 03 September 2002 15:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
That is actually done intentionally, there will never be more then one 'Re:' unless it is added manually by the user. This is done to prevent, 'Re: Re: Re: Re:' and so on which can and will occur in large threads. Since the subject length is limited to 100 character, soo there won't be room for the subject as the result of all the 'Re: '.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: reply to a reply [message #5470 is a reply to message #5450] Tue, 03 September 2002 21:04 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Bonsoir,
Thank you for your answer.
Could you give me the way to bypass this (in witch program), i would need it, at my on risks Wink
I use the latest version of Fudforum
merci beaucoup
Dominique
Re: reply to a reply [message #5471 is a reply to message #5470] Tue, 03 September 2002 21:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Inside post.php.t, which can be found inside src/ directory change the following line:
$msg_subject = ( !preg_match('/^{TEMPLATE: reply_prefix}/i', $subj) ) ? '{TEMPLATE: reply_prefix}'.$subj : $subj;

to
$msg_subject ='{TEMPLATE: reply_prefix}'.$subj;

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: reply to a reply [message #5479 is a reply to message #5471] Wed, 04 September 2002 09:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
thanks, I tried it but it did work,so I made the change in the post.php file, I think it is not the right way, but it works...
à bientôt
dominique
Re: reply to a reply [message #5481 is a reply to message #5479] Wed, 04 September 2002 11:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Well, this is something that involves the logic of form, there is no way to accomplish what you are trying to do without modifying the source, so IMHO this is the 'rigth' way.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: reply to a reply [message #5484 is a reply to message #5479] Wed, 04 September 2002 12:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well, I did not make the change in the file you told me, /src/post.php.t but in the file thm/default/post.php and then it works...
merci
Dominique
Re: reply to a reply [message #5485 is a reply to message #5484] Wed, 04 September 2002 13:02 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
After making the change, you should've rebuilt the templates, which would activate the changes you've made.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: New polls has old WWW Root
Next Topic: Moved message marker
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon Jun 17 08:39:09 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02610 seconds