FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » I'd like to suggest a more 'stable' branch for us production weenies
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
I'd like to suggest a more 'stable' branch for us production weenies [message #5452] Tue, 03 September 2002 15:54 Go to previous message
dtype is currently offline  dtype   United States
I'm a big fan of this software, and will continue to use it, but I'd like to request a plan for more stable development trees at some point. Having all new development happening in the same branch is a little disconcerting sometiems, and scary for those of us that value a production-ready system more than a a new feature here or there.

It seems strange to me to see severel RC releases in a row, each of which adds major features, changes in update scripts, etc. The whole point of a "release candidate" is typically to state that everything appears stable, and if no major bugs are found in the RC release, that release may be re-released as the stable next version.

Anyway, thanks for the rapid development. I know multiple branches can be a big pain and it is asking a lot. In the absence of that, a more stable RC->production release schedule might calm my nerves a little. ;) As it is, I'm not sure I see the difference between a development release, a release candidate, and a stable release, as they all introduce the same number of new features, and all typically look the same from a stability/bug point of view...

[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: highlight cell
Next Topic: french language?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Tue Oct 01 07:14:03 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04033 seconds