FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Email notifications
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Email notifications [message #5502] Thu, 05 September 2002 02:52 Go to next message
sdefranc is currently offline  sdefranc   Australia

Hi,

We recently upgraded to 2.0.2, and I have turned on the new HTML notification method, which most users really like, apart from the fact that there isn't a link they can just click on to take them to the whole thread.

a) is this available in later releases (in which case I'll tell them to hang on since we plan to upgrade soon); or

b) Is there a template or something somewhere I can modify to include a link to the thread; or finally

c) Are there any plans to allow users to select which type of notification they prefer.

your assistance most apprectiated, as always.

rgrds
sam
Re: Email notifications [message #5511 is a reply to message #5502] Thu, 05 September 2002 14:15 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
The output of the HTML email is templetable, so you can modify its output, add additional links etc...
I am not certain, but it is possible later versions already contain link to the thread itself.
There are no plans to allow users to choose whether they recieve plain or HTML emails, mostly because it would slowdown the email notification process by quite a bit since, it would require each notification to be sent inidvidually rather then in blocks like it is done now. This would slow down the posting process by quite a bit, I'd imagine.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Email notifications [message #5518 is a reply to message #5511] Fri, 06 September 2002 00:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sdefranc is currently offline  sdefranc   Australia

Sounds fair enough..

Can someone point me to the correct template to modify?

rgrds
sam
Re: Email notifications [message #5521 is a reply to message #5518] Fri, 06 September 2002 03:01 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
iemail.tmpl

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Exploiting the current email filter
Next Topic: flat view and tree view
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 16:20:36 GMT 2024