FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Step One Failure
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Step One Failure [message #5534] Sat, 07 September 2002 17:01 Go to next message
feegan is currently offline  feegan   United Kingdom
Warning: gzuncompress: data error in /websites/feegan/fudforum/install.php on line 307
Failed decompressing the archive

What have I done wrong?
Re: Step One Failure [message #5537 is a reply to message #5534] Sat, 07 September 2002 20:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Send me the script you are trying to run.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Step One Failure [message #5610 is a reply to message #5534] Tue, 10 September 2002 17:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message
computer_dan is currently offline  computer_dan   Canada

feegan wrote on Sat, 07 September 2002 13:01

Warning: gzuncompress: data error in /websites/feegan/fudforum/install.php on line 307

I am getting the same thing. I am trying to install FUDForum on a new web server. Please keep me in the loop. I have attached the install script that I am trying to run...it is the latest 2.3.1RC2 file.

My exact error is:

Warning: gzuncompress: data error in /services/webpages/r/b/rbsweb.ca/public/issues/install.php on line 307
  • Attachment: install.php
    (Size: 759.87KB, Downloaded 675 times)
Re: Step One Failure [message #5613 is a reply to message #5610] Tue, 10 September 2002 18:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Could you show me phpinfo() on your system please, the very same file you've attached works flawlesly on my test machine.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Step One Failure [message #5659 is a reply to message #5613] Wed, 11 September 2002 20:13 Go to previous messageGo to next message

Same problem with the latest release, 2.3.1. This error started occuring with the first release that included the new zlib compression that you are using...I believe it was 2.3.1RC1
Re: Step One Failure [message #5690 is a reply to message #5534] Sat, 14 September 2002 15:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mezzers is currently offline  Mezzers   United Kingdom
Hi all, I just downloaded the latest release of FUDforum, 2.3.1, and I'm getting the same Step 1 error message:

Warning: gzuncompress: data error in /home/charlesdanuk/public_html/forum/install.php on line 307

My server is running PHP version 4.0.6 and I chmod'd both directories (/forum and /forum/data) to 777 before attempting the install. However, I'm very new at all this, so if anyone has any suggestions please put them in layman's terms -- thanks! Confused

Mez
Re: Step 1 failure - possible cause/fix [message #5691 is a reply to message #5690] Sat, 14 September 2002 17:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Mezzers is currently offline  Mezzers   United Kingdom
Snooped around the web for data error info on gzuncompress, and saw a forum reference to 'binary' filetypes. I use CuteFTP defaulting to autodetect and I'm pretty sure it uploaded install.php as an ascii file the first time. So I uploaded it again as binary and voila - it works!

Now I have to sort out the answers to Step 2.... Shocked

Mez
Re: Step 1 failure - possible cause/fix [message #5692 is a reply to message #5691] Sat, 14 September 2002 17:22 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Aha... thanks for letting me know about this potential issue.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Step 1 failure - possible cause/fix [message #5784 is a reply to message #5691] Thu, 19 September 2002 13:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I just upped the file as binary as well and it is okay now.

Thanks! Very Happy

[Updated on: Thu, 19 September 2002 13:20]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Step 1 failure - possible cause/fix [message #5786 is a reply to message #5784] Thu, 19 September 2002 13:36 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
Great news Smile, thanks for letting me know.

The install script already had some binary data at the top to make all programs think it was a binary file, but it seems some programs choose to ignore this. At least, now I know what to reply to people who report a similar problem.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: How to make fudforum page "autoload?"
Next Topic: Error message
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Oct 20 15:19:40 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02416 seconds