FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Image Upload Repository
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Image Upload Repository [message #5596] Tue, 10 September 2002 14:37 Go to previous message
ben! is currently offline  ben!   United States
Greetings.

I'm running a board (http://thelocust.org/bored) and we tend to do a lot of inline image posting. Now, most of us have some webspace to use to host images that we don't want to link to remotely, but some of my users don't.

Now, i know there is already an attachment function for posts, but what I would like to see (and it would most definitely be an optional thing) is a public image repository.

When a user posts/replies, there would be a button for the image repository. Click on it, and it pops a new window with a File Upload dialog, a listing of the most recently uploaded files, and a search box. The user may upload his/her own picture (and the upload would be checked for image format/size restraints) and the page would refresh, showing his/her photo as the most recently uploaded.

Now, in the listing of the most recently uploaded image, he/she may choose to "Add to Post" any image he/she sees there, and thanks to the wonder of javascript, a FUD or HTML tag will be placed in the message for that image.

The search box will allow the user to search by name and/or image extension any of the images in that public directory. The result set is shown and he/she may choose them at will.

Now, i realize that this has a lot of possible issues with it, but again, it would be an optional amenity for those image-heavy boards.

If this doesn't get picked up by one of the blessed FUDForum regular developers, i may go ahead an implement it (once 2.3.1 comes out and i can upgrade my postgresql database Smile )
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: french language?
Next Topic: Notifying on PM
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Tue Oct 01 09:19:13 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.06098 seconds