FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » step 2 eror
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
step 2 eror [message #5616] Tue, 10 September 2002 18:17 Go to next message
testy is currently offline  testy   United Kingdom
Downloaded .tar.gz file, gunzipped and tar -xf the file.
chmod 777 server root folder and created and chmod 777 Forum Data Root.

When getting to step 2 i enter my user details on fro the mysql server.

clicking next on step 2 i get the error message

"Failed to create table fud_users.tbl (DROP TABLE IF EXISTS fud21_users), SQL Reason: No Database Selected"

after creating the database table manually i then get the error message

"Failed to create table fud_msg.tbl (CREATE TABLE fud21_msg ( id INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT PRIMARY KEY, thread_id INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL, poster_id INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0, reply_to INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0, ip_addr CHAR(15) NOT NULL DEFAULT '0.0.0.0', host_name CHAR(255), post_stamp INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL, update_stamp INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0, updated_by INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0, icon CHAR(100), subject CHAR(100) NOT NULL, attach_cnt INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0, poll_id INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0, approved ENUM('Y', 'N') NOT NULL DEFAULT 'N', show_sig ENUM('Y', 'N') NOT NULL DEFAULT 'Y', smiley_disabled ENUM('Y', 'N') NOT NULL DEFAULT 'N', foff INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0, length INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0, file_id INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 1, offset_preview INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0, length_preview INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0, file_id_preview INT UNSIGNED NOT NULL DEFAULT 0, mlist_msg_id VARCHAR(100), INDEX(thread_id,approved), INDEX(post_stamp), INDEX(poster_id,approved), INDEX(approved), INDEX(attach_cnt), INDEX(poll_id), INDEX(ip_addr, post_stamp), INDEX(mlist_msg_id), INDEX(subject) )), SQL Reason: Column 'mlist_msg_id' is used with UNIQUE or INDEX but is not defined as NOT NULL
"

any ideas ??
Re: step 2 eror [message #5617 is a reply to message #5616] Tue, 10 September 2002 18:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
The MySQL you are using is to old, I imagine you are using MySQL 3.22 or very early builds of MySQL 3.23. Please get a newever version of MySQL, if this is not the case please tell me what is the version of your MySQL server.

You can get the version of your MySQL by running: SELECT VERSION(); or doing \s in the mysql client.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: step 2 eror [message #5619 is a reply to message #5616] Tue, 10 September 2002 18:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
running version 3.22.32 will download from mysql website and try again Smile
Re: step 2 eror [message #5631 is a reply to message #5617] Tue, 10 September 2002 23:06 Go to previous messageGo to next message
sorted all working now Smile
just one other thing. am I supposed to be able to configure
the fonts bgcolors etc in the admin Theme Management??

all I seem to be able to do is alter template set (default)
language, locale and spell chk'r

any suggestions on how to change the whole look of the site ??

btw i have rtfm and no joy Sad
Re: step 2 eror [message #5632 is a reply to message #5631] Tue, 10 September 2002 23:10 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
You need to modify the actual template files, those have .tmpl extensions. If you do not want to edit them manually, you can do so via FUDforum's web interface.
To do so, go to the 'Template Editor' control panel, the CSS template is called forum.css.tmpl

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: upgrade script for postgresql users?
Next Topic: Help! File not found
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 23:48:02 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02534 seconds