FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » mySQL forum errors
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
mySQL forum errors [message #5695] Sat, 14 September 2002 19:33 Go to previous message
Mezzers is currently offline  Mezzers   United Kingdom
Got through the install process okay, then posted a couple of test messages. The first came up fine, but when I posted my second message and went to view it, I got a mySQL error similar to this:

Warning: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (111) in /home/charlesdanuk/public_html/forum/index.php on line 27

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/charlesdanuk/public_html/forum/index.php on line 28

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /home/charlesdanuk/public_html/forum/index.php on line 28

Fatal error: SQL Error has occured, please contact the administrator of the forum and have them review the forum's SQL query log in /home/charlesdanuk/public_html/forum/data/include/theme/default/err.inc on line 102

(I say 'similar' because I didn't copy the first error message I got before flying off to see what was up in the err.inc file.)

Unfortunately I can't geto the err.inc because the forum files are locked, and it won't let me chmod them to gain access. I can't get back into the administration area either.... Sad Please help, I don't understand why it suddenly crashed!

Thank you, Mez
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message