FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Smilies and Mac issues?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Smilies and Mac issues? [message #5671] Fri, 13 September 2002 06:25 Go to next message
timharkins is currently offline  timharkins   United States
I recently installed FUD on my host server and the forum is excellent and getting rave reviews from my users, but a few of my users who are on Macs can't see the smilies in the posts.

I checked with them, and they said that FUDcode and Smilies were both turned on, and smilies are enabled in all my forums. They can see the smilies in the toolbar,but just not in the posts. I don't know why. Rolling Eyes

I admit that I'm very new to this, but I really love the forum and so do my users, so I want to be able to provide them all with an equal experience.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Re: Smilies and Mac issues? [message #5673 is a reply to message #5671] Fri, 13 September 2002 11:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Could you tell me which Mac browser are you users using as well as could you please give me a URL to you forum.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Smilies and Mac issues? [message #5677 is a reply to message #5671] Fri, 13 September 2002 17:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
One user (bhop) said that he was running OS X.2 and the most current version of explorer 5.2 for macs.

Also here is the URL

Child of Mecha Message Boards

Thanks Prottoss.
Re: Smilies and Mac issues? [message #5719 is a reply to message #5677] Sun, 15 September 2002 21:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
I've asked 2 Mac users to try the message at:
http://www.childofmecha.com/Board/Files/index.php?t=msg&th=11
and both say they were able to see the smiley image. Both use IE 5.2, I can also see the image in all the other browsers i've tried such as Mozilla 1.0, Opera 6.02 and Konqueror.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Smilies and Mac issues? [message #5728 is a reply to message #5671] Mon, 16 September 2002 10:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hmm, weird. Rolling Eyes Well I guess thanks for the help anyways. I'll have to tell my users to deal with it.

Thanks again, Prottoss.
Re: Smilies and Mac issues? [message #5729 is a reply to message #5671] Mon, 16 September 2002 18:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well I apologize for this, but evidently there was some confusion between me and my user.

He said that he WAS able to see the smilies in posts, but he wasn't able to make any in his posts through clicking on the smilies above the post box. He said when he clicked on the icons nothing happend. He was able to make them by manually typing them in though.

I don't know...
Re: Smilies and Mac issues? [message #5730 is a reply to message #5729] Mon, 16 September 2002 20:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
I see that sounds like possible JavaScript issue with IE on a Mac. Since I have no access to a Mac as you can imagine this issue is nearly impossible for me to debug. I will look into the problem however and try to find a solution, no promises though.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Smilies and Mac issues? [message #5732 is a reply to message #5671] Tue, 17 September 2002 01:01 Go to previous message
Thats what I thought too. Seeing as my Mac users can make smilies, with just a little more work, I don't see as great of a problem as before.

So thanks again for the help.
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Polls not consistent
Next Topic: t=D_THREAD_VIEW
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Oct 06 20:17:05 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05759 seconds