FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Progrmas running install.php scrips
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Progrmas running install.php scrips [message #5733] Tue, 17 September 2002 01:25 Go to next message
wjhill   United States
Good evening,

I'm attempting to install ver. 2.3.1 onto a Sun box, virtual host, running PHP version 4.2.2. I've having an issue where, upon attempting to run install.php, I receive an error message like this:
Warning: Unexpected character in input: '' (ASCII=4) state=1 in [some location]/html/forum/install.php on line 1812

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '' (ASCII=18) state=1 in [some location]/html/forum/install.php on line 1812

Warning: Unexpected character in input: '' (ASCII=16) state=1 in [some location]/html/forum/install.php on line 1812

Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_STRING in [some location]/html/forum/install.php on line 1812

The install.php file is, to the best I can check, correct -- less sees it as such, and the file has never been transferred via ASCII; the 1st time I FTP'd it over to my server as a tar.gz, and the 2nd attempt was made with getting the tar.gz directly to the server from the download page.
Thnak you in advance,

----Woodrow Hill
Re: Progrmas running install.php scrips [message #5737 is a reply to message #5733] Tue, 17 September 2002 11:55 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Can you please generate md5sum of the decompressed install.php you are attempting to run and post it in you reply.

Judking by the line # you've specified it sounds like the PHP on your server attempted to interpret the gzip archive as continuation of the install.php script rather then ignoring it.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: My webhost has suspended my account
Next Topic: Cannot Post or register
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 22:09:17 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02241 seconds