FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » FUD needs a new default style  () 2 Votes
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: FUD needs a new default style [message #6261 is a reply to message #6257] Sun, 06 October 2002 23:39 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
valiant is currently offline  valiant   Switzerland
sure sure,

but IMO you shouldn't have to scroll for the standard message.

take a look at my phpbb board, I moved the post button where it should be by default IMO: http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~andress/nei.ch/phpBB2/posting.php?mode=newtopic&a mp;f=2
All the features less often used are below.

(I'll be using your forum for a more important application, so don't blame me for using phpbb Wink ).

In your default theme, you wast half of the screen (the right side). What about moving the post button up and the smilies to the left or whatever. It

Tabulator order:
Or at least you could alter the "tab" order so that I could jump with one tabulator click from the message box to the preview or post button without scrolling (as in my modded phpbb forum).

Javascript insertion of Tags:
It's not obvious to look at the bottom of internet explorer to see a explanation of the insert icons for the fud forum tags. IMO they're not all self explanatory hence you could do it similar to phpBB2 and place a explanation field below (not much work, as seen here: http://people.ee.ethz.ch/~andress/nei.ch/phpBB2/posting.php?mode=newtopic&a mp;f=2).

good night - andy
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message