FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Failed opening required 'theme/default/index.php'
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Failed opening required 'theme/default/index.php' [message #6218] Sun, 06 October 2002 13:48 Go to next message
patrick is currently offline  patrick   Netherlands
My forum just stopped functioning.

I'm getting the following error:

Fatal error: Failed opening required 'theme/default/index.php' (include_path='.:/php/includes:/usr/share/php') 
in /home/virtual/site210/fst/var/www/html/forum/index.php on line 662

My virtual domain has been offline this morning. Once it came
back online I started to get problems when starting-up the forum.
I currently do not know what the provider exactly did, but before they took the server offline there where some serious problems with their server, since I was not able to log-in into my own domain through the 'virtual domain' administration application. At that time the forum was still functioning.

Maybe they had to restore some backups, but I don't know yet.

Any idea what the problem could be?

Cheers,
Patrick
Re: Failed opening required 'theme/default/index.php' [message #6227 is a reply to message #6218] Sun, 06 October 2002 19:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olliver   Germany
Hi,
it probably means this file doesn't exist on the location specified anymore. Unless u have some backups u may need to re-install the forum.
bye Ken
Re: Failed opening required 'theme/default/index.php' [message #6229 is a reply to message #6227] Sun, 06 October 2002 19:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
That's the strange thing, the files are still there.
Re: Failed opening required 'theme/default/index.php' [message #6248 is a reply to message #6218] Sun, 06 October 2002 22:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Does this directory exist '/home/virtual/site210/fst/var/www/html/forum/' ?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Failed opening required 'theme/default/index.php' [message #6269 is a reply to message #6248] Mon, 07 October 2002 07:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prottoss wrote on Sun, 06 October 2002 18:33

Does this directory exist '/home/virtual/site210/fst/var/www/html/forum/' ?

Yes, from server point of view, this directory does exist.

If I open a telnet session to my virtual host, I'm not able to use this particular path, Instead I have to use /var/www/html/forum

That's because of the virtual environment.

Since the Apache web server is running on server level, I have to provide these full path names.
When you actually run the FUD install script, it will automatically come-up with these full path names.
icon7.gif  Re: Failed opening required 'theme/default/index.php' [message #6271 is a reply to message #6269] Mon, 07 October 2002 09:55 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've just reinstalled the application and I'm back on-line. I still don't know what actually did go wrong, but reinstalling was probably the easiest thing to do.

Even the application was not functioning, I was still able to open the administration page and managed to make a backup.

After reinstalling I performed a restore. This all went very smoothly!!! Very Happy (Good functionality you've got here)

However, I did saw a big list with error messages concerning actions within the images directory. Here's a small list:

ERROR: Directory '/home/virtual/site210/fst/var/www/html/forum/images//home/virtual/site210/ fst/var/www/html/forum/images/custom_avatars' does not exist and the import script was unable to create it
Unable to open /home/virtual/site210/fst/var/www/html/forum/images//home/virtual/site210/f st/var/www/html/forum/images/custom_avatars/index.html for write
ERROR: Directory '/home/virtual/site210/fst/var/www/html/forum/images//home/virtual/site210/ fst/var/www/html/forum/images/custom_avatars/_vti_cnf' does not exist and the import script was unable to create it
Unable to open /home/virtual/site210/fst/var/www/html/forum/images//home/virtual/site210/f st/var/www/html/forum/images/custom_avatars/_vti_cnf/index.html for write

It seems that the code is generating incorrect path names.

I did noticed that a particular avantar that I've uploaded was gone after restoring.
Looking at the errors above I understand why.
However, I did not upload any other images or avantars which is probably why I don't have any problems in this area.

Re: Failed opening required 'theme/default/index.php' [message #6280 is a reply to message #6271] Mon, 07 October 2002 14:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
It is a known bug in released before 2.3.2, the 2.3.2 already has this problem fixed.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Failed opening required 'theme/default/index.php' [message #6296 is a reply to message #6280] Mon, 07 October 2002 20:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prottoss wrote on Mon, 07 October 2002 10:16

It is a known bug in released before 2.3.2, the 2.3.2 already has this problem fixed.

I did install the final 2.3.2 release.

The restore was made with a release that I downloaded last week. I don't know what version this exactly was, but according to the database tables it must 2.3.? (fud23....)
Re: Failed opening required 'theme/default/index.php' [message #6297 is a reply to message #6296] Mon, 07 October 2002 20:57 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
But, from what release was the data dump?
The bug was in the dump script, meaning that it does not matter that your current version in 2.3.2, what matters what version you made the dump with.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Failed opening required 'theme/default/index.php' [message #6301 is a reply to message #6218] Mon, 07 October 2002 21:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message

I don't know exactly the application version on which I made the dump, but the install.php script (after unzip) is 760kb, dated September 11th.
Re: Failed opening required 'theme/default/index.php' [message #6302 is a reply to message #6301] Mon, 07 October 2002 21:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
That would be version 2.3.1, which had the bug.

FUDforum Core Developer
icon14.gif  Re: Failed opening required 'theme/default/index.php' [message #6307 is a reply to message #6218] Mon, 07 October 2002 21:21 Go to previous message
Solved then Very Happy

Thanks for your great and fast support!!

Cheers,
Patrick
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Importing messages from newsgroups creates new members??
Next Topic: Tips on installation for virtual domains
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Jun 29 11:03:14 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02299 seconds