FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » safe mode problems after step 1 of installation
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
safe mode problems after step 1 of installation [message #6757] Wed, 23 October 2002 16:04 Go to next message
Cosimino is currently offline  Cosimino   Germany
Hi all,

I have big problems with the installation of FudForum V2.3.3.

My php runs in safe mode and i created a directory with 777 permissions named s2kf1 and copied the install.php in it.

Unfortunately all I got are the messages listed in my next posting.

If I ignore this messages and enter the mysql-information I got the following error:
ERROR: failed to chdir to /var/www/html/legittimo.com/s2kf1/data3sql/mysql

It is strange: There is no directory with the name data3sql only the directory named data3 (entered in step1).

Thx for help,
Nick Legittimo

[Updated on: Thu, 24 October 2002 06:31]

Report message to a moderator

Re: safe mode problems after step 1 of installation [message #6760 is a reply to message #6757] Wed, 23 October 2002 20:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
What were the messages you have recieved before entering the MySQL information?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: safe mode problems after step 1 of installation [message #6762 is a reply to message #6760] Wed, 23 October 2002 21:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Prottoss,

ALL messages after step 1:

THX for the help,
Nick
----------------------------------

Warning: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 48 is not allowed to access /var/www/html/legittimo.com/s2kf1/data4 owned by uid 2026 in /var/www/html/legittimo.com/install/install_safe.php on line 507

Warning: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 48 is not allowed to access include owned by uid 2026 in /var/www/html/legittimo.com/install/install_safe.php on line 236

Warning: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 48 is not allowed to access . owned by uid 2026 in /var/www/html/legittimo.com/install/install_safe.php on line 236

Warning: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 48 is not allowed to access errors owned by uid 2026 in /var/www/html/legittimo.com/install/install_safe.php on line 236

Warning: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 48 is not allowed to access . owned by uid 2026 in /var/www/html/legittimo.com/install/install_safe.php on line 236

Warning: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 48 is not allowed to access messages owned by uid 2026 in /var/www/html/legittimo.com/install/install_safe.php on line 236

Warning: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 48 is not allowed to access files owned by uid 2026 in /var/www/html/legittimo.com/install/install_safe.php on line 236

Warning: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 48 is not allowed to access template owned by uid 2026 in /var/www/html/legittimo.com/install/install_safe.php on line 236

Warning: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 48 is not allowed to access tmp owned by uid 2026 in /var/www/html/legittimo.com/install/install_safe.php on line 236

Warning: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 48 is not allowed to access cache owned by uid 2026 in /var/www/html/legittimo.com/install/install_safe.php on line 236

Warning: fopen("/var/www/html/legittimo.com/s2kf1/data4","wb") - Is a directory in /var/www/html/legittimo.com/install/install_safe.php on line 388

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in /var/www/html/legittimo.com/install/install_safe.php on line 389

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in /var/www/html/legittimo.com/install/install_safe.php on line 390

Warning: fopen("/var/www/html/legittimo.com/s2kf1/data4","wb") - Is a directory in /var/www/html/legittimo.com/install/install_safe.php on line 211

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in /var/www/html/legittimo.com/install/install_safe.php on line 212

Warning: Supplied argument is not a valid File-Handle resource in /var/www/html/legittimo.com/install/install_safe.php on line 213
Re: safe mode problems after step 1 of installation [message #6777 is a reply to message #6762] Thu, 24 October 2002 06:30 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi,

update of the entered directories (during step1):

install.php:    /var/www/html/legittimo.com/install
Server root:    /var/www/html/legittimo.com/s2kf1/forum4
Data root:      /var/www/html/legittimo.com/s2kf1/data4
forum root:     http://www.legittimo.com/s2kf1/forum4/

Thank you
Nick
Re: safe mode problems after step 1 of installation [message #6784 is a reply to message #6777] Thu, 24 October 2002 11:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Do you by any chance know if your PHP is running as cgi or apache sapi? If you do not, please place a PHP script containing:
<?php phpinfo(); ?> somehwere on your server and send me the URL via a private message.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: safe mode problems after step 1 of installation [message #6790 is a reply to message #6784] Thu, 24 October 2002 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Hi Prottoss,

PM sent.

CU
Nick
Re: safe mode problems after step 1 of installation [message #6801 is a reply to message #6790] Thu, 24 October 2002 21:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Installation problems are solved!

Thank you Prottoss.
CU
Nick.
Re: safe mode problems after step 1 of installation [message #7534 is a reply to message #6777] Sat, 30 November 2002 18:38 Go to previous messageGo to next message
abirdman is currently offline  abirdman   United States

I'm having the same problem. I have almost exactly the same symptoms
(The script whose uid is 2526 is not allowed to access **myPrivForumPath**(<--edited for privacy) owned by uid 10285

When I set up directories and permissions like the other user, I get a screen full of similar "not allowed" access messages at the top of the MySQL page, and when I click for next screen, the directories aren't created.

May I PM you the url to a phpinfo() script on my hosting company's server?

I have successfully set up two instances of FUDforum2, but both are on local servers (where I have shell access), and neither has safe_mode on.

I've been rethinking my misspent youth, so I'm giving it another chance
Re: safe mode problems after step 1 of installation [message #7548 is a reply to message #7534] Mon, 02 December 2002 15:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Please show me the output of phpinfo() on your server.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: safe mode problems after step 1 of installation [message #7705 is a reply to message #7548] Wed, 11 December 2002 19:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Linas is currently offline  Linas   United States
Me too Sad...

The script whose uid is nn is not allowed to access **Path** owned by uid xx..

i have phpinfo available...

Your help would be greatly appreciated...

Thanks you very much-
Linas

[Updated on: Wed, 11 December 2002 19:40]

Report message to a moderator

Re: safe mode problems after step 1 of installation [message #7821 is a reply to message #7705] Mon, 16 December 2002 23:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Can you please specify all your safe_mode & open_basedir related settings?

FUDforum Core Developer
icon5.gif  Re: safe mode problems after step 1 of installation [message #8114 is a reply to message #6757] Sun, 12 January 2003 18:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tankmann is currently offline  tankmann   Germany
Hello,

unfortunately I've got the same problem in step 1 of the installation procedure. Some warnings are given:

--------------
Warning: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 48 is not allowed to access /var/www/html/legittimo.com/s2kf1/data4 owned by uid 2026 in /home/www/htdocs/bxt83.com/install/install_safe.php on line 507

Warning: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 48 is not allowed to access include owned by uid 2026 in /home/www/htdocs/bxt83.com/install/install_safe.php on line 236

Warning: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 48 is not allowed to access . owned by uid 2026 in /home/www/htdocs/bxt83.com/install/install_safe.php on line 236
-----------------------
and so on ..

If I ignore this messages I've got the following:

ERROR: failed to chdir to /.../.../xxxxxsql/mysql

where the suffix "sql" after xxxxx is made automatically. A dir which such a name dosn't exist.

My phpinfo() gives:

safe_mode On On
safe_mode_exec_dir no value no value

open_basedir /home/www/htdocs/bxt83.de/. no value

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Mit freundlichen Gruessen.

Ulrich Boesel
(tankmann)

Re: safe mode problems after step 1 of installation [message #8122 is a reply to message #8114] Mon, 13 January 2003 01:10 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Which PHP version are you using?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: safe mode problems after step 1 of installation [message #8157 is a reply to message #8122] Mon, 13 January 2003 18:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The server is using PHP 4.0.6.

tankmann
Re: safe mode problems after step 1 of installation [message #8164 is a reply to message #8157] Tue, 14 January 2003 14:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Would it be possible for you to upgrade your PHP version?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: safe mode problems after step 1 of installation [message #8165 is a reply to message #8164] Tue, 14 January 2003 15:27 Go to previous messageGo to next message
The ISP says no.

is there probably an older version of FUDforum that fits to >>Apache/1.3.19(Unix)(SuSE/Linux)PHP/4.0.6<< ?
Re: safe mode problems after step 1 of installation [message #8166 is a reply to message #8165] Tue, 14 January 2003 15:39 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
There is no particular problem with PHP 4.0.6, however it does have a number of bugs with safe_mode, which may explain the difficulty you are having.

Who is the owner of the 's2kf1' directory? Is it the webserver?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: safe mode problems after step 1 of installation [message #8168 is a reply to message #8166] Tue, 14 January 2003 18:12 Go to previous message
i realy can't figure out, where the 's2kf1'-directory is located. i'm verry sorry, i don't know his owner.

my home-directory of the webserver is absolute /home/www/htdocs/my_domain.de (open_basedir).

owner/group of subdirs are 'me/me', exept of the FUDforum-installation-related subdirs which are 'wwwrun/nogroup'.

could the phpinfo()-file help to answer your question more detailed?

Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Question: how to include a simple PHP user online counter to index.php
Next Topic: Step 1: Error 500
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon Oct 28 23:13:34 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02267 seconds