FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Questions
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Questions [message #721] Sun, 24 February 2002 18:05 Go to previous message
coppper6 is currently offline  coppper6   Turkey
Hi,
First of all fud forum seems one of the best forum software avaliable. I have some questions:
1. about usertags: can I assign specific functions to users and threads? first idea in mymind is to assign age concept to the suers. age,coming from the old days of BBSs, is simply total time amount spent online in the forums. second idea is rating users. For example, when a question is answered by a specific person that person may be ranked by the user asking the question. So there may be prizes for the people having the highest rank. how can these be implemented?
2. about templates: I think writing a templating solution from scratch is not necessary. modelixe.phpedit.com has a list. some are smarty, fasttemplates, templatepower (I'm not sure about its name), modelixe etc. Also how long does it take to implement a templating solution? I'm asking for this because I don't want to do design work twice one now and one after templating.
3. about security: These days security is more important than ever. Hence I hope the forum software have some input validation routine(s) checking for buffer overflows, executing OS and SQL commands, cross-site scripting, cookie manipulation, form field manipulation,URL manipulation (embedding SQL commands to URLs), meta and null characters. is there any that doesn't included in the software? One more thing, session key may be unusable after a certain time so a hacker cannot hijack.
4. will next version have a multi-lingual interface?
5. about performance: there are quite a few nice caching solutions. have anyone integrated a caching solution?
I have used jpcache (www.sourceforge.net/projects/jpcache) which is (one of) the fastest caching engine as the benchmarks show on their pages. But this may change for fud forum.

Sorry about the this long thread but I thought they might be useful ideas/questions.
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Automatic datadump...
Next Topic: More information in the members list
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 21:22:32 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05174 seconds