FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » Feature Suggestions & Requests  () 2 Votes
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Feature Suggestions & Requests [message #7300 is a reply to message #6786] Sat, 16 November 2002 14:42 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wolven is currently offline  Wolven   United States
I'd like to make a comment on a few things, even though I have nothing to do with the development of the board. First off, on the ranking system, I'd like to point out that slashdot.org, possibly the most active community on the net, has a ranking system that is very very good. Moderation, Meta-Moderation, checks, people checking on it... and still noone is happy. Remember that if a ranking system is added, there is going to be a large percentage of people that don't like how it is implemented, and not only will they want changes, they will want features added to it, and people will always be coming up with ways to improve it, since it gets so much attention. I completely understand the developers here being a bit hesistant to jump on *that* particular train. As for the "view read, unread, this forum or that" deal, I have a suggestion. I'm not conversant on how this board is designed on the inside, but in the old Renegade BBS days (this is before there was a www.anything.com) a person went through a list, tagging the forums that they would see as it scanned unread. Would it be possible to implement something at a closer to user level, whereby they saw a list of threads, and specified the ones that the "unread" filter ran through? A filter on the filter, so to speak? (To put it in *nix terms, grep "unread" | grep "mylist" )

It's just a suggestion, and if it's not a feasible answer, I'll hush. I just wanted to throw my two pence in there. Protoss, and the other developers who's names I've not yet become familiar with, thank you *very* much for providing me with an alternative to vBulletin. The product is nice, but the elitism surrounding it got to be too much for me. Feature set is nice, but being able to get an opinion or idea through, that's worth gold to me. Thank you.

-Wolven.

[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message icon5.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon3.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message