FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » MySQL : Access denied after setup
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
MySQL : Access denied after setup [message #7378] Wed, 20 November 2002 11:55 Go to next message
jeroen is currently offline  jeroen   Netherlands
I get the following error after creation with php safe mode:

quote:

Warning: Access denied for user: 'FUD@localhost' (Using password: YES) in /opt/guide/www.xxx.xx/HTML/FUD/forum/index.php on line 27

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Access denied for user: 'FUD@localhost' (Using password: YES) in /opt/guide/www.xxx.xx/HTML/FUD/ forum/index.php on line 27

Warning: mysql_error(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /opt/guide/www.xxx.xx/HTML/FUD/forum/index.php on line 28

Warning: mysql_errno(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL-Link resource in /opt/guide/www.xxx.xx/HTML/FUD/forum/index.php on line 28

Fatal error: SQL Error has occured, please contact the administrator of the forum and have them review the forum's SQL query log in /opt/guide/ www.xxx.xx/HTML/FUD/data/include/theme/default/err.inc on line 102

/quote

(I changed the domain name in the above message for privacy reasons.)

(I tested on another server, similarly configured but without php safe mode and a different MySQL environment and had no problems.)

The database "FUD" has been filled with data so I would say the user must be ok. Can it be caused by the setup of MySQL?

Thanks in advance,
Jeroen

[Updated on: Thu, 21 November 2002 08:14]

Report message to a moderator

Re: MySQL : Access denied after setup [message #7381 is a reply to message #7378] Wed, 20 November 2002 16:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Olliver   Germany
Hi,
It's definetely problem with ur SQL configuration. SQL has rejected the connection because:
- The user exists but the password is wrong
- Neither user nor password are known to the system
- user and password exist, however this client was refused because of the access rules u set for SQL

So u can:
- Check the user and password u supplied at setup against existing accounts on the SQL Server
- Check the Access Control for the user specified whether he/she/it is allowed to connect to the server.

Should solve ur problem
Bye
Olliver
Re: MySQL : Access denied after setup [message #7382 is a reply to message #7378] Wed, 20 November 2002 16:16 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Warning: Access denied for user: 'FUD@localhost' (Using password: YES) in /opt/guide/www.xxx.xx/HTML/FUD/forum/index.php on line 27

this is the 'primary' error, it appears you are being refused access to MySQL db. Check inside GLOBALS.php if the password used is correct.

FUDforum Core Developer
icon7.gif  Re: MySQL : Access denied after setup [message #7395 is a reply to message #7378] Thu, 21 November 2002 08:13 Go to previous message
jeroen is currently offline  jeroen   Netherlands
Thanks for answers ...

As expected a new user + password made the problem go away. I still do not understand how the database was filled in the first place, but I'm happy it's working now ...
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Tell us your URL
Next Topic: Confirmation Email problems
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 14:19:02 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.53363 seconds