FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Getting PHP compilation warning v2.3.5
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Getting PHP compilation warning v2.3.5 [message #7579] Wed, 04 December 2002 03:30 Go to next message
AutoHost is currently offline  AutoHost   United States
[edited: Problem solved, my mistake. Since I can't delete this message, just ignore it.]

I sent some PM's just fine, deleted 2 users, entered 3 Email filters (regexs), now I can't send PM's or reply, when I try I get the following error message at the top of the PM message entry window:

Warning: Compilation failed: nothing to repeat at offset 0 in /var/www/html/forum/theme/Stars/ppost.php on line 749

I have not modified the ppost.php.t file ever.

When I try to actually send the PM, I get a white screen (theme is black) that says:
Warning: Compilation failed: nothing to repeat at offset 0 in /var/www/html/forum/theme/Stars/ppost.php on line 749

Warning: Cannot add header information - headers already sent by (output started at /var/www/html/forum/theme/Stars/ppost.php:749) in /var/www/html/forum/theme/Stars/ppost.php on line 2658

I have run Consistancy Checker, compacted messages, and rebuilt Search index.

I just noticed that I cannot create new topics, or reply to topics either, similar error message as above, but mentions post.php line 527

[edited: Problem solved, read all three before replying.]

Ron Miller
Stars! AutoHost

[Updated on: Thu, 05 December 2002 14:48]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Getting PHP compilation warning v2.3.5 [message #7580 is a reply to message #7579] Wed, 04 December 2002 03:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
On a hunch, I removed the Email filters that I had set, and the problems went away!

I've added back in all but one of the Email filters, and I'm pretty sure that this is what caused the problem:

REGEX *stringhere*

The other ones were of the form REGEX string* and *string

Was trying to prevent registration of any user that had 'stringhere' ANYWHERE in their email address, preceded by any chars and followed by any chars.

Ron Miller
Stars! AutoHost
Re: Getting PHP compilation warning v2.3.5 [message #7581 is a reply to message #7580] Wed, 04 December 2002 04:00 Go to previous message
Sigh... late at night.. didn't hit me that these are PERL-like regexes.... so if I wanted to do
stringhere*
it should be entered stringhere.*

and
*stringhere
should be entered .*stringhere

So, the trouble maker *stringhere*
should be entered .*stringhere.*
which doesn't cause problems with the forum.

Ron Miller
Stars! AutoHost
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Date and time not centered
Next Topic: Apostrophe in e-mail address causes sql failures. Possible vulnerability.
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 11:30:44 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02567 seconds