FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » v2.3.5 bug in import datadump
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
v2.3.5 bug in import datadump [message #7679] Tue, 10 December 2002 05:04 Go to next message
AutoHost is currently offline  AutoHost   United States
Installed 2.3.5 fresh on machine B, made sure that the FUD mysql table prefix was the same as machine A.

Able to log into B just fine.

On machine A, did a 'Make forum data dump'.
Moved .tar.gz file to machine B.

(NOTE: on machine A, I have added another table to the FUD database, and added a column to the users table. I have also created another theme, and modified several /adm/ files. The apache user on machine A is not the same name as apache user on machine B.)

On machine B, chown .tar.gz file to user that apache runs under, and did an 'import forum data'.

Got multiple errors "cannot create directory" for all the directories of the new theme I had made on machine A.

Also got error that the rank_pts table I had created on machine A was not found on machine B. It did show the INSERT command.

After all that, the rank_pts table did not get created on machine B, the user table is now completely EMPTY, and the new column in the user table is not there.

Looks like (on machine B), after a fresh install, I'll have to create the new theme with same name as new theme on machine A, manually create new table with correct field names, and manually add new column to FUD's user table.

This implies that the 'Import forum data' option ONLY works with the default theme, and ONLY if no new FUD database tables have been created or modified.

Unless the above problems are the result of the the apache user name not being the same between the two machines, then it seems that the Import process needs some more work.

Ron Miller
Stars! AutoHost
Re: v2.3.5 bug in import datadump [message #7682 is a reply to message #7679] Tue, 10 December 2002 17:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Could you show me the complete list of errors you've recieved. If thois contains any sensetive info then send it to me privately via email or PM.

I ran a number of tests on import/dump code with forums using multiple themes and it has always worked fine for me.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: v2.3.5 bug in import datadump [message #7684 is a reply to message #7682] Tue, 10 December 2002 19:51 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I've sent you a *long* PM containing all the error messages, and possible sources of the problem.

btw: what happens when someone sends a PM that would cause the recipients PM folder-space to go over 100%?

Ron Miller
Stars! AutoHost
Re: v2.3.5 bug in import datadump [message #7685 is a reply to message #7684] Tue, 10 December 2002 19:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
The message still arrives, it is just that the user will not be able to send any new messages until their pm box limit is below 100%.

I see the problem and I will see how it can be fixed.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: v2.3.5 bug in import datadump [message #7686 is a reply to message #7685] Tue, 10 December 2002 21:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
prottoss wrote on Tue, 10 December 2002 14:56

I see the problem and I will see how it can be fixed.

Oh good! I was afraid that it was because of the extra table I had added and/or the extra column in _users.

Ron Miller
Stars! AutoHost
Re: v2.3.5 bug in import datadump [message #7744 is a reply to message #7686] Fri, 13 December 2002 15:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Okie, after looking at the problem this is what I have to say. The problem with creating custom theme directories is a BUG and I am fixing it now. The custom sql tables & extra fields, that is something that is your fault Wink. In order for it to work properly when you've made mods to the table structure or added new tables you should've created appropriate .sql files inside sql/mysql/ and modified any existing table structure with the same changes as the ones you've done in MySQL. Then when you've made the datadump the table structure from .sql, which is used to create tables would've been read in correct and a proper data dump would have been created.

FUDforum Core Developer
icon14.gif  Re: v2.3.5 bug in import datadump [message #7752 is a reply to message #7744] Fri, 13 December 2002 15:42 Go to previous message
Ah! Thank you very much for that info regarding the sql/mysql dir and files! And thank you for creating and maintaining this excellent software package!

Ron Miller
Stars! AutoHost
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Pages Disappearing
Next Topic: clear_old_session bug ?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Wed Sep 18 23:14:37 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02882 seconds