FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » mysql select problem just after installation
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon8.gif  mysql select problem just after installation [message #749] Tue, 26 February 2002 17:15 Go to next message
aetius is currently offline  aetius   Italy
I just installed FUD, but when i recall the main page, i receive the following error:
-----
Query Failed: SELECT fud_cat.description, fud_cat.name AS cat_name, fud_cat.default_view, fud_cat.allow_collapse, fud_forum.*, fud_msg.id AS msg_id, fud_msg.post_stamp AS msg_post_stamp, fud_users.id AS user_id, fud_users.login AS user_login FROM fud_cat INNER JOIN fud_forum ON fud_cat.id=fud_forum.cat_id AND fud_cat.hidden='N' LEFT JOIN fud_msg ON fud_forum.last_post_id=fud_msg.id LEFT JOIN fud_users ON fud_msg.poster_id=fud_users.id WHERE fud_forum.hidden='N' ORDER BY fud_cat.view_order, fud_forum.view_order
Reason: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'ON fud_cat.id=fud_forum.cat_id AND fud_cat.hidden='N' LEFT JOIN fud_msg ' at line 5
-----
the file is index.php

any help?

thanks in advance.
Re: mysql select problem just after installation [message #750 is a reply to message #749] Tue, 26 February 2002 18:23 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
aetius wrote on Tue, 26 February 2002 12:15 PM

I just installed FUD, but when i recall the main page, i receive the following error:
-----
Query Failed: SELECT fud_cat.description, fud_cat.name AS cat_name, fud_cat.default_view, fud_cat.allow_collapse, fud_forum.*, fud_msg.id AS msg_id, fud_msg.post_stamp AS msg_post_stamp, fud_users.id AS user_id, fud_users.login AS user_login FROM fud_cat INNER JOIN fud_forum ON fud_cat.id=fud_forum.cat_id AND fud_cat.hidden='N' LEFT JOIN fud_msg ON fud_forum.last_post_id=fud_msg.id LEFT JOIN fud_users ON fud_msg.poster_id=fud_users.id WHERE fud_forum.hidden='N' ORDER BY fud_cat.view_order, fud_forum.view_order
Reason: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'ON fud_cat.id=fud_forum.cat_id AND fud_cat.hidden='N' LEFT JOIN fud_msg ' at line 5
-----
the file is index.php

any help?

thanks in advance.

2 questions:

1) What is the version of your MySQL that you are running
2) Could you please give me a URL to your forum

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: mysql select problem just after installation [message #783 is a reply to message #750] Wed, 27 February 2002 16:50 Go to previous messageGo to next message
aetius is currently offline  aetius   Italy
the mysql version is:
mysql Ver 9.38 Distrib 3.22.32, for suse-linux (i686)

I'll make you the forum available tomorrow morning (CET) when I'll be back home.

Thanks!
Re: mysql select problem just after installation [message #784 is a reply to message #783] Wed, 27 February 2002 16:53 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
aetius wrote on Wed, 27 February 2002 11:50 AM

the mysql version is:
mysql Ver 9.38 Distrib 3.22.32, for suse-linux (i686)

I'll make you the forum available tomorrow morning (CET) when I'll be back home.

Thanks!

I've ran that query on a local computer and it ran fine. I believe your MySQL version is simply too old to support complex JOINs.

Consider upgrading your MySQL version to something more recent. There were numberous bug fixes & improvments since version 3.22.32 especially when you consider that latest version is 3.23.48.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Aproving posts
Next Topic: Problem Creating Threads
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 21:55:16 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02784 seconds