FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Email Notification for PMs
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Email Notification for PMs [message #7997] Mon, 06 January 2003 00:29 Go to next message
tecmes is currently offline  tecmes   Canada
SOme of my forum'S users have asked for this : at the present time, there's a notification feature for forum messages, but not for new PM received, afaik. Am I wrong ? Is it possible to enable this as of now ; is it on a development todo list ?
(my version's 2.3.4)

And a happy new year !
FLorian
Re: Email Notification for PMs [message #7998 is a reply to message #7997] Mon, 06 January 2003 00:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
E-mail notification for PM messages is intentional and I currently do not have plans to implement it.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Email Notification for PMs [message #7999 is a reply to message #7998] Mon, 06 January 2003 01:24 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Aren't the PM technically very close to forum posts ?
Re: Email Notification for PMs [message #8003 is a reply to message #7999] Mon, 06 January 2003 16:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
They are in some ways and they are not in many others. PM is private, meaning that each person has their own 'mailbox' and as soon as they view just about any forum page they get an indicator showing whether or not they got unread messages. This means (imo) that it is very hard to miss a private message. Normal message can appear in high traffic forum and if it goes to 2nd page you may not easily notice the unread message. In that case email notification some into play.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Email Notification for PMs [message #8010 is a reply to message #7997] Mon, 06 January 2003 17:38 Go to previous message
I understand your view, but in my forum there is sometime (strange as it may seem) no forum activity but plenty of PMs, that's why we would have needed PM notification !
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: don't chmod 0666
Next Topic: more links at the bottom of a thread
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 13:53:07 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02333 seconds