FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Call to undefined function: fud_use() in index.php
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Call to undefined function: fud_use() in index.php [message #8247] Sat, 18 January 2003 23:20 Go to next message
edav91 is currently offline  edav91   France
Hi all,

First of all : thx to Prottoss for his great work and all others for their contribution. In addition, I need to say that I'm not very far from rooky in PHP.

I manually transfer my FUDforum based (and a little hacked) site in french from 'localhost' to my ISP. By the way, if someone has a script to automate that, I would appreciate a lot !

Then I made several changes, mainly to GLOBALS.php, and came across many problem I finally solved, except the one stated in the title of this post.

Which direction I must investigate in your opinion to solve it.

Thx,
Eric.
Re: Call to undefined function: fud_use() in index.php [message #8265 is a reply to message #8247] Mon, 20 January 2003 15:00 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
I am guessing that when you modified GLOBALS.php you've somehow broken the file or at least the line at the bottom responsible for inclusion of core.inc, which is the file that defines fud_use().

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Call to undefined function: fud_use() in index.php [message #8289 is a reply to message #8265] Mon, 20 January 2003 21:05 Go to previous messageGo to next message
edav91 is currently offline  edav91   France
BINGO !

I cut and pasted various parameters in GLOBALS.php and didn't realize I've remove it.

I found only one file where fud_use() was defined : core.inc. I search where was this function include_once and didn't find anywhere, of course Very Happy Thx Protoss.

Is there another way than reinstall the whole stuff and change the hacked files, in order to transfer from one server to another? Because, my ISP doesn't accept chdir() and chmod() "for security reasons". Evil or Very Mad

And is there a solution to install FUDforum anyway onto a server which doesn't accept such basic PHP functions?

6U,
Eric.
Re: Call to undefined function: fud_use() in index.php [message #8291 is a reply to message #8289] Mon, 20 January 2003 21:11 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
You could go through a long manual process, but that's something I myself had never attempted.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Error when making new posts/replies
Next Topic: Escape Characters Galore
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 21:04:25 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02202 seconds