FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Account Moderation no tworking
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Account Moderation no tworking [message #8322] Wed, 22 January 2003 00:12 Go to next message
bvaughan   United States
Thanks protos, for the tip with the 'New Account Moderation' setting.
I now have it set, and I see the accounts showing up in the Accout Approval list.

However there are 2 issues.

1. I can't seem to make the administrator get notification that there is an account waiting to be approved. They just queue up. Can I actually have the admin receive an email notice of a pending account? (The address for the 'administrator email' is entered correctly)

2. As soon as the applicant verifies his account (via email msg), he is granted access to the forum. Is there a way to prevent this till his account is actually approved in the Account Moderation step?

thanks!
Re: Account Moderation no tworking [message #8341 is a reply to message #8322] Wed, 22 January 2003 20:02 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
No, admin is not and will not be notified via email about new users. Whenever the admin visits the forum there is an indicator showing the number of accounts pending confirmation.

As for you other question, once the user confirms their account they cannot post messages or do any of the things registered users can do until their account is confirmed.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Keeping threads from jumping around
Next Topic: "Topic moved by moderator" except I didn't do it
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Sep 26 23:20:57 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05905 seconds