FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » Simplified Template System?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Simplified Template System? [message #8459] Wed, 29 January 2003 19:27 Go to next message
reywob   United Kingdom
Hi,

One thing I would like to see is a simplified template system. I am sure the current system is probably the most flexible templating system available, but it has a very steep learning curve. I would like to be able to dump all templates into a few HTML files (say one for each page that they represent) and then edit the HTMl using Dreamweaver/Topstyle, before loading it back in. I can't seem to work out which templates contain the stuff I want to edit otherwise, and judging by other forums I've seen I'm sure I'm not the only one with this problem (otherwise they'd look different to each other, and not all the same).

Other than this, fantastic work guys!
Re: Simplified Template System? [message #8461 is a reply to message #8459] Wed, 29 January 2003 19:45 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Unlikely to ever happen, the current system is probably as simple as it is going to get. If you want something less complex you probably will loose just about all the functionality the templating system offers. Instead you'll have a dosen of textboxes allowing you to type in various colors and that's it.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Simplified Template System? [message #8464 is a reply to message #8459] Wed, 29 January 2003 21:14 Go to previous message
reywob   United Kingdom
Is there any chance of some extension that would allow the dumping of templates into a single file that could be edited in a HTML editor, so I can see each template in context?
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Avatar manager bug
Next Topic: Topic Prunning
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Sep 07 23:33:46 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04400 seconds