FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Enabling anonymous user posts?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Enabling anonymous user posts? [message #8656] Thu, 13 February 2003 13:05 Go to next message
mfischer   Austria
Hi,

This may sound pretty dumb, but I've the problem that for some reason I'm unable to find out how to enable posts for anonymous (== unregistered) users.

I searched through the one file html manual but it isn't very clear how to achive this. The closest thing by trying around was the "Groups Manager" in my administrator console, feature a group called "Global Anonymous Access". Enabling "post" and "reply" for this group didn't changed anything in respect to anonymous user behaviour in my forum.

"Global Anonymous Access" and "Global Registered Access" are effectively having the same Permission in the "Groups Manager" table. All forums I've created so far have every visible setting set to "yes" (the default I guess, didn't change them).

Is there anything obvious I missed? I guess so ....

I'm using 2.3.6 btw.

thanks for any pointers,
- Markus
Re: Enabling anonymous user posts? [message #8663 is a reply to message #8656] Fri, 14 February 2003 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Yup you've missed something obvious Smile

From the main page click on the 'Group Manager' link. Then choose the forum for which you want to enable anon posting. Once a forum is selected choose the 'All Anonymous Users' user and grant that user POST/REPLY and any other permissions that you want.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Enabling anonymous user posts? [message #8702 is a reply to message #8663] Sun, 16 February 2003 22:00 Go to previous message
mfischer   Austria
Thank you, I did exactly as you described it and it worked.

I've re-read the relevant parts in the manual again and again. Maybe it's my problem of not being a native english language speaker but there's no way for me to find out from the context how to achive this goal.

Maybe you can add a distinct chapter described how to add anonymous access that way.

thanks for your help,

- Markus
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Trying to convert from phpbb2
Next Topic: Someone have the install files version 1.2.8 ?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 22:55:03 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.19063 seconds