FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » fudforun still accessing old server
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
fudforun still accessing old server [message #8891] Thu, 27 February 2003 15:22 Go to next message
esm2002 is currently offline  esm2002   United States
i'm in the process of moving to a new server.

I think the switchover has occurred. I changed the dns and netsol shows the new servers. when i ftp into my old site, i can't use the url - i must use the ip. when i ftp into my new server, i no longer have to use the ip - the url works fine. The data files are being update on the new server and are no longer being updated on the old server.

But when i click on the link to FUDforum, it accesses the old server. I know cause i renamed the FUDforum folder and got a 404 error when i clicked the link. when i corrected the folder, the forum came back.

When I go to the Admin center, i still see the paths to the old server.

And while i have the same folders for FUDforum on my new server, they are completely empty. Except for the install.php.

I upgraded my old FUDforum to the latest version and then did an export. I tried to run the install.php but the browser could not find the file. It is not on the old server but is on the new server.

Gene
"The older I get, the more I admire competence, just simple competence in any field from adultery to zoology."
Re: fudforun still accessing old server [message #8892 is a reply to message #8891] Thu, 27 February 2003 16:17 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Check the paths found in the top of the GLOBALS.php file and make sure they correspond with the ones on your new server.
If you make any changes, rebuild the theme.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: fudforun still accessing old server [message #8894 is a reply to message #8892] Thu, 27 February 2003 16:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just out of curiosity why would changing the globals of the old forum to point to the new server work. fudforum does not exist in any way on the new server. I can't install it because when I type in the url to the install.php, it tries to find it on the old server.

here is what the globals.php looks like

$INCLUDE = "/home/acct351/public_html/fudforum/nb/include/";
$WWW_ROOT = "http://www.mysite.com/fudforum/br/";
$WWW_ROOT_DISK = "/home/acct351/public_html/fudforum/br/";
etc...

Gene
"The older I get, the more I admire competence, just simple competence in any field from adultery to zoology."
Re: fudforun still accessing old server [message #8899 is a reply to message #8894] Thu, 27 February 2003 18:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
I ment changing the globals of the new forum if they are wrong.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: fudforun still accessing old server [message #8900 is a reply to message #8899] Thu, 27 February 2003 19:20 Go to previous messageGo to next message
there is no new forum cause I can't install FUDforum. when I type in http://www.my_new_server_site.com/fudforum/br/install.php it keeps going to the old server. Crying or Very Sad

http://www.my_new_server_site.com/fudforum/br/index.php brings up FUDforum from my old site... Mad

Gene
Re: fudforun still accessing old server [message #8934 is a reply to message #8891] Mon, 03 March 2003 13:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
BugLaden is currently offline  BugLaden   United States
It almost sounds like a DNS resolution problem with your provider. I would give it a few more days for the DNS change to the new server to propagate across the net.

A few days has passed since your last post. Did it correct itself?

-=BugLaden
Re: fudforun still accessing old server [message #8960 is a reply to message #8934] Tue, 04 March 2003 14:32 Go to previous message
yes, it did...

just seemed strange that all of the site was coming from the new server while FUDforum was coming from the old server...

Thanks!!

Gene
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Corrupt Archive
Next Topic: Using FUDForum As a Mailing List Gateway
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Wed Jun 26 17:01:48 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02611 seconds