FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » problem importing data after server move
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
problem importing data after server move [message #8908] Fri, 28 February 2003 03:26 Go to next message
esm2002 is currently offline  esm2002   United States
Quote:

Commencing restore of data files
ERROR: Directory '/home/certif3/public_html/forum//template/src' does not exist and the import script was unable to create it
Unable to open /home/certif3/public_html/forum//template/src/isearch.inc.t for write

etc., etc.

ERROR: Directory '/home/certif3/public_html/forum//thm/test/images' does not exist and the import script was unable to create it
Unable to open /home/certif3/public_html/forum//thm/test/images/goto.gif for write
ERROR: Directory '/home/certif3/public_html/forum//thm/test/images' does not exist and the import script was unable to create it
Unable to open /home/certif3/public_html/forum//thm/test/images/tab_end.gif for write
Unable to open /home/certif3/public_html/forum//thm/test/images/tab_end_top.gif for write
Commencing restore of SQL data
Processed 10000 queries
() 1054: Unknown column 'total_votes' in 'field list'
Query: INSERT INTO fud23_poll (id,name,owner,creation_date,expiry_date,total_votes,max_votes) VALUES(1,'Helpful Screening Tips',1,1023320721,0,0,NULL)
Server Version: 3.23.54
[Referring Page] http://www.mysite.com/fudforum/br/adm/admimport.php?rid=1&S=62aab3f91a0 9d3a48eed75618444be6a

I can see the extra / after the word forum in the urls above.
then when I try to go back to the admin screen I get:
Quote:

Fatal error: SQL Error has occurred, please contact the administrator of the forum and have them review the forum's SQL query log in /home/certif3/public_html/fudforum/nb/include/theme/default/err.inc on line 102

But I cannot open/copy/view/ftp the err.inc file. all attempts return the following error:

Quote:

can't read `err.inc' (Permission denied).

Can't even use the webhost's file manager - same error msg. This was generally true of other FF files on my old server.

I've done this 3 times. same errors.

the install goes good. I upgraded from 2.3.2 to 2.3.7 and then exported. Then installed 2.3.7 and then tried to restore.

I did change the table designation on the last install: from fud23_ to fud2_ since that is what the forum on the old server used

Quote:

Warning: main(theme//index.php) [function.main]: failed to create stream: No such file or directory in /home/certif3/public_html/fudforum/br/index.php on line 680

Fatal error: main() [function.main]: Failed opening required 'theme//index.php' (include_path='') in /home/certif3/public_html/fudforum/br/index.php on line 680

Gene
"The older I get, the more I admire competence, just simple competence in any field from adultery to zoology."

[Updated on: Sun, 02 March 2003 15:13]

Report message to a moderator

Re: problem importing data after server move [message #8929 is a reply to message #8908] Mon, 03 March 2003 00:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
gekido is currently offline  gekido   Canada
got the same message importing data after the move.

lost all the attachments on my forum...HUGE hastle...ugh...

no idea how to fix
Re: problem importing data after server move [message #8942 is a reply to message #8929] Mon, 03 March 2003 14:36 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
What is the forum version is the datadump & the 'new' forum?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: problem importing data after server move [message #8948 is a reply to message #8908] Mon, 03 March 2003 14:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was running 2.3.2 ( upgraded from 1.98 ) and upgraded that to 2.3.7. Then I did the data dump. Installed 2.3.7 on the new server and then ran the restore.

Gene
"The older I get, the more I admire competence, just simple competence in any field from adultery to zoology."
Re: problem importing data after server move [message #8955 is a reply to message #8948] Mon, 03 March 2003 22:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Hmm, I'll try doing the dump/import before releasing 2.3.8 we'll see how it goes.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: problem importing data after server move [message #8961 is a reply to message #8955] Tue, 04 March 2003 14:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well, the FUDforum is down until you can help...

Gene
Re: problem importing data after server move [message #8969 is a reply to message #8955] Wed, 05 March 2003 02:53 Go to previous messageGo to next message
not sure what you are saying there...

Just to update the situation:

-- deleted all the sql tables
-- deleted all the folders ( except the errors and theme folders - permission denied )
-- installed version 2.3.2
-- ran the Import forum data this time with a 2.3.2 datadump

Results: same errors. looking at sql tables, they seem to be fully populated with data. I can even browse the data, see the messages, etc

The process I have followed:

I was running 2.3.2.

I ran a datadump.

Then I upgraded to 2.3.7. All was fine.

I ran another datadump.

What I have done:

I've installed 2.3.2 ( I verified the version in Admin )
I've run the restore using the 2.3.2 datadump.
Results: errors

I've installed 2.3.7 ( I verified the version in Admin )
I've run the restore using the 2.3.7 datadump.
Results: errors

Viewing the sql tables after each restore seem to show data - although I cannot browse some of the tables ( users, for
example ) but the filesize still seem to indicate data.

Gene
Re: problem importing data after server move [message #8990 is a reply to message #8969] Wed, 05 March 2003 19:34 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
If the datadump is not too big (<10 megs), could you please send it me.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: problem importing data after server move [message #8992 is a reply to message #8990] Wed, 05 March 2003 22:12 Go to previous messageGo to next message
each is over 15mb

Gene

[Updated on: Wed, 05 March 2003 22:23]

Report message to a moderator

Re: problem importing data after server move [message #8993 is a reply to message #8992] Thu, 06 March 2003 01:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Run the following query and then trying doing the dump/import all over:

ALTER TABLE fud23_poll DROP total_votes.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: problem importing data after server move [message #9000 is a reply to message #8993] Thu, 06 March 2003 14:26 Go to previous messageGo to next message
the old server is gone so all i have are the datadumps

what now?

Gene
Re: problem importing data after server move [message #9004 is a reply to message #9000] Thu, 06 March 2003 14:40 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
Decompress the dump if it is compressed and then do:

grep -v "INSERT INTO .*poll (" dump > new_dump

Then try importing the new data dump.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: problem importing data after server move [message #9019 is a reply to message #9004] Thu, 06 March 2003 19:56 Go to previous messageGo to next message
how do i run grep?

if it requires telnet, I don't think i have access to that.

Gene
Re: problem importing data after server move [message #9084 is a reply to message #9019] Thu, 13 March 2003 14:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
You can do something like:
exec("grep"); or system("grep"); etc....

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: problem importing data after server move [message #9167 is a reply to message #9019] Thu, 13 March 2003 21:54 Go to previous messageGo to next message
well, I'm not a techie and that is not something that I have ever done.

How about I give you the information and you do?

As the board has been down for two weeks now, I don't have much to lose...

Gene
Re: problem importing data after server move [message #9685 is a reply to message #8908] Mon, 14 April 2003 23:03 Go to previous messageGo to next message
any help with the following error msgs?

Quote:

Warning: main(theme/default/.php) [function.main]: failed to create stream: No such file or directory in /home/certif3/public_html/fudforum/br/index.php on line 680

Warning: main(theme/default/.php) [function.main]: failed to create stream: No such file or directory in /home/certif3/public_html/fudforum/br/index.php on line 680

Fatal error: main() [function.main]: Failed opening required 'theme/default/.php' (include_path='.:/usr/local/lib/php') in /home/certif3/public_html/fudforum/br/index.php on line 680

Gene
Re: problem importing data after server move [message #9745 is a reply to message #9084] Thu, 17 April 2003 08:31 Go to previous messageGo to next message
just wondering if anyone out there could help me before I have to trash everything and start all over. Sad

Gene
Re: problem importing data after server move [message #9949 is a reply to message #9745] Tue, 13 May 2003 14:13 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
Sounds like a theme bug, upgrading should fix it.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Why the FAQ is not came out in Spanish ??????????
Next Topic: error 500: Internal Servererror
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Wed Jun 26 16:59:46 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02166 seconds