FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Erroneous leading '\' in GLOBALS.php
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Erroneous leading '\' in GLOBALS.php [message #900] Thu, 07 March 2002 04:18 Go to next message
pony is currently offline  pony   United States
Hi,

I encountered pages of warnings of "Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in GLOBALS.php on line ##" in my admin login page after I installed FUDforum on my Red Hat 7.1. I've tested with forum-v1.2.1.tar.gz and forum-v1.2.2.tar.gz, they both have the same problem.

After investigating the GLOBALS.php, I found out there are many lines starting with a leading '\'. I guess it may be caused by different editors' tab width on different OSs. After removing those leading '\'s, everything works fine.

Cheers
Pony
Re: Erroneous leading '\' in GLOBALS.php [message #901 is a reply to message #900] Thu, 07 March 2002 06:02 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
pony wrote on Wed, 06 March 2002 11:18 PM

Hi,

I encountered pages of warnings of "Warning: Unexpected character in input: '\' (ASCII=92) state=1 in GLOBALS.php on line ##" in my admin login page after I installed FUDforum on my Red Hat 7.1. I've tested with forum-v1.2.1.tar.gz and forum-v1.2.2.tar.gz, they both have the same problem.

After investigating the GLOBALS.php, I found out there are many lines starting with a leading '\'. I guess it may be caused by different editors' tab width on different OSs. After removing those leading '\'s, everything works fine.

Cheers
Pony

Does you php have magic_quotes_gpc enabled to disabled?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Erroneous leading '\' in GLOBALS.php [message #906 is a reply to message #901] Thu, 07 March 2002 16:25 Go to previous messageGo to next message
pony is currently offline  pony   Canada
You are right. My ISP has that option turned off. Addtionally, the ISP only supports .phtml and .php3 suffixes. As the result, the page loading is extremely slow and the HOME link doesn't work.

Any suggestions except changing the ISP?

Thanks!
Pony
Re: Erroneous leading '\' in GLOBALS.php [message #907 is a reply to message #906] Thu, 07 March 2002 16:28 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
pony wrote on Thu, 07 March 2002 11:25 AM

You are right. My ISP has that option turned off. Addtionally, the ISP only supports .phtml and .php3 suffixes. As the result, the page loading is extremely slow and the HOME link doesn't work.

Any suggestions except changing the ISP?

Thanks!
Pony

Using .htaccess make apache parse .php files as .php3

Otherwise you gotta write a shell script to rename .php files to .php3 and then run a script to change the reference names.

For example:

rename .php files to .php3 and the do:

perl -p -i -e 's/\.php/\.php3/g' *.php

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Erroneous leading '\' in GLOBALS.php [message #908 is a reply to message #907] Thu, 07 March 2002 16:41 Go to previous message
pony is currently offline  pony   Canada
I'll take the first approach. Thanks for the help!
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Clicking on smiley shortcuts does not work in Konqueror 2.2.2
Next Topic: signatures!!
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 17:05:07 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02855 seconds