FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Safemode problem or providers fault?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Safemode problem or providers fault? [message #8979] Wed, 05 March 2003 17:05 Go to next message
_pz_ is currently offline  _pz_   Austria
Hello again,

After step 1 I receive numerous warnings like this:
Quote:

Warning: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect. The script whose uid is 30 is not allowed to access /home/www/web170/html/yookie/forum owned by uid 1067 in /home/www/web170/html/yookie/install_safe.php on line 236

and afterwards invalid file handles, of course.

Don't understand the change in uid; 1067 is wwwrun, how comes to
30 in the midst of the installation?

Any help appreciated,
pz
Re: Safemode problem or providers fault? [message #8984 is a reply to message #8979] Wed, 05 March 2003 19:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
This is most likely due to some server application changing the permissions of the directories/files inside your home directory to your username, since it happened while the forum was being installed it broke it.

FUDforum Core Developer
icon9.gif  Re: Safemode problem or providers fault? [message #8995 is a reply to message #8984] Thu, 06 March 2003 10:11 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Well I don't think so. The dirs get created with the servers permissions (wwwrun resp. uid1067) and umask 666. And they stay
that way, so I'll have a bad time writing a script which deletes
all the things generated in now five dirs. (I've even tried to make root and datadir the same, as mentioned in another thread, with the effect that I can't chdir into that one either via ftp Crying or Very Sad).

What makes me wonder is the change of the user id in the middle of the installation; how could that be? What more, uid 30 is not commonly used on any system I'm aware of.

Is it possible that the header() in line 457 is picked up by another server instance, for whatever reason? I havn't played with PHP until now, but I'm a programmer so I'm able to understand what's going on. Could it help to prepend WWW_ROOT to the Location?

yours sencerely,
pz
Re: Safemode problem or providers fault? [message #9005 is a reply to message #8995] Thu, 06 March 2003 14:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Even if the Apache thread changes, the uid will remain the same since all Apache children run under the same UID. Unless you are using php in CGI mode.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Safemode problem or providers fault? [message #9029 is a reply to message #9005] Sat, 08 March 2003 12:33 Go to previous message
Thanx for the Info, I'll check with my provider.

cu, pz
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: "Archive did pass checksum test, CORRUPT ARCHIVE!"
Next Topic: Error when trying to install
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Wed Jun 26 17:00:47 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02600 seconds