FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Repeatable failure
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon4.gif  Repeatable failure [message #9061] Tue, 11 March 2003 07:11 Go to previous message
Franklin is currently offline  Franklin   United States
On WinNT4 SP6a, 500 Meg RAM, Fast server, IIS4.0 all patches, latest PHP (installed securely; no globals), latest MySQL, latest FUD, (I upgraded hoping the fix was in 2.3.8, was using 2.3.7) Rolling Eyes

When under a moderate load. 10 users, or one clicking really fast, on a large pull of records, or a search for a commonly used phrase. Multiple instances of PHP processes start to run, and do not disengage, using 100% CPU and depending on the number of instances, all of available RAM. On the 2.3.7 there did not seem to span as many sessions of PHP. On 2.3.8 it is far worse. Less load brings down the server. Killing the PHP sessions one by one, re-enables the services to run as normal. Task Manager will not kill them, I have to use a third party tool to kill the processes. Sometimes, only a reboot will solve it. And normally fast PHP instances continue to run, unless the load is ramped up again. It maybe a windows only problem. I have limited servers, but may move all my forums to a Linux box for stability. I would rather not spend any more time one this though.

I have upgraded my MySQL, and PHP trying to figure this one out. It has been ongoing for months. Of late, it has started to increase, maybe because we are getting a greater load on this forum. I have only 1 FUD and love it. I have 3 Phorums, hate them. But I have tried running a load stress test on them, with similar loads, and no failure, no multiple instances.

I have scoured the PHP forums, and MySQL on this, thinking it was one of their problems. I am sorry to say, it is here. I have done a complete check on all client PHP code on the server. And can duplicate it on my server without a problem. ( this is a big problem! )

I have placed my forum, under maintenance mode for now. Help!
[Message index]

Read Message icon4.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message