FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Can my board be reactivated?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Can my board be reactivated? [message #9197] Sun, 16 March 2003 17:52 Go to next message
Karen is currently offline  Karen   United States
Hi,

I got in a terrible muddle this morning with a FUDforum that has been running happily on my site for a couple of months.

I tried to install another FUDforum in another directory, and did not realize that I needed to change the prefix that FUDforum installer wanted to put for the database tables.

I discovered that the existing forum would no longer work and in looking for the cause, I found that the new forum and the old were setup with the same prefix for the database tables, and the new forum had kind of "taken over" control of everything.

In phpmyadmin I exported the database structure and files, combined and separately.

Can someone give me advice on a safe way to get my old forum working again?

Thanks so much,
Karen the Klutz
Re: Can my board be reactivated? [message #9201 is a reply to message #9197] Sun, 16 March 2003 20:41 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Hm... what sort of errors are you seeing?

The database system is pretty indepedant, so it should work fine even if you've trashed the database with the exception of the old data being lost Razz

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Can my board be reactivated? [message #9209 is a reply to message #9201] Sun, 16 March 2003 21:18 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Karen is currently offline  Karen   United States
Hi,

I had turned the board off. When I try to turn it back on, this is what I see:

Warning: fopen(/home2/key2succ/public_html/forum/include/GLOBALS.php) [function.fopen]: failed to create stream: Permission denied in /home2/key2succ/public_html/forum/include/glob.inc on line 26

Warning: fwrite(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home2/key2succ/public_html/forum/include/glob.inc on line 27

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home2/key2succ/public_html/forum/include/glob.inc on line 28

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home2/key2succ/public_html/forum/include/glob.inc:26) in /home2/key2succ/public_html/jbforum/adm/admglobal.php on line 56

There were other errors before I had turned the board off, the index.php page wouldn't load and it gave a couple of php errors, but I cannot remember what they were.

Can I reinstall the forum software and then somehow put the database contents back in?

Thanks for your help,
Karen
Re: Can my board be reactivated? [message #9251 is a reply to message #9209] Tue, 18 March 2003 20:47 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
Make sure that your forum can write to /home2/key2succ/public_html/forum/include/GLOBALS.php, which can be done by chmoding the file 0666 or giving the webserver ownership over the file.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Groups Manager bug?
Next Topic: Installation Permissions Problems...
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Wed Jun 26 17:01:07 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02528 seconds