FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » maillist.php (CVS) appears to be broken...
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon4.gif  maillist.php (CVS) appears to be broken... [message #9211] Mon, 17 March 2003 00:54 Go to next message
forrie is currently offline  forrie   United States
I've been testing the maillist.php feature via sendmail aliases, and am unable to get it working properly.

I have:

myalias: "| /usr/local/apache/htdocs/forumdata/scripts/maillist.php 1"

The sendmail log shows it's being processed correctly, but it does not show up in the forum.

However, if I take a raw file and do (from the shell):

# cat filename | /usr/local/apache/htdocs/forumdata/scripts/maillist.php 1

then it works. So I'm curious if something is broken or if I'm overlooking something in the configuration.

I tried this in LOCKED and UNLOCKED modes, to no avail.

Now, what I'm trying to do in this case is to pipe some emails that are being sent inbound - it's not being run by a "mailing list package" it's just a simple email alias... is this something that maillist.php won't handle? It doesn't appear to in this case though.

Thanks.

[Updated on: Tue, 18 March 2003 05:12]

Report message to a moderator

icon8.gif  Re: maillist.php (CVS) appears to be broken... [message #9214 is a reply to message #9211] Mon, 17 March 2003 02:14 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Indeed anything sent to this alias, either from mail or a mailing list, seems to get magically bitbucketed. So, I'm presuming there's a bug in the code at this point in time.

Anyone?

I guess nobody is interested in this code; however, I've tested it and it does NOT work. The procmail recipe in the documentation states:

:0:
* ^TO_.*php-general(at)lists(dot)php(dot)net
| /home/forum/test/maillist.php 1

And thus the sendmail pipe should work without a hitch.

Does someone know another way to get this working; maybe another package?

[Updated on: Tue, 18 March 2003 13:59]

Report message to a moderator

Re: maillist.php (CVS) appears to be broken... [message #9250 is a reply to message #9214] Tue, 18 March 2003 20:46 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
First of all the forum should be UNLOCKED or at the very least the msg_1 file should be world writeable.
Another solution that you can try is to change the line called by your procmail script to:
| /path/to/php/binary /home/forum/test/maillist.php 1

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: maillist.php (CVS) appears to be broken... [message #9260 is a reply to message #9250] Tue, 18 March 2003 21:01 Go to previous messageGo to next message
I was able to get this working briefly, and then it stopped working.

Seems like other people are having problems with this process as well. I wonder if there might be a better way to do this, using a script that is external to the forum - perhaps by a privileged user - you might even be able to toss in a *.conf file for it that could be edited/viewed through the FudForum interface.

In either case, this one isn't working very well. For one, the permissions have to be executable, but if you decide to lock the configuration on Fud, forget it, because the permissions get changed to unreadable, then you have to manually change, etc.

Thanks,
F

prottoss wrote on Tue, 18 March 2003 15:46

First of all the forum should be UNLOCKED or at the very least the msg_1 file should be world writeable.
Another solution that you can try is to change the line called by your procmail script to:
| /path/to/php/binary /home/forum/test/maillist.php 1

Re: maillist.php (CVS) appears to be broken... [message #9262 is a reply to message #9260] Tue, 18 March 2003 21:07 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
The import script should not and I repeat 'SHOULD NOT' be run as root. That is a bad thing security wise. The most secure solution as I've mentioned before is to make msg_1 world writable or change it's ownership it such away that the user group that the mailist runs as has write permissions to that file.

As far as running the script itself, it works just fine, and while there are some configuration issues it does work for most people.

permissions on the maillist.php are only executable because we are trying to avoid having to call php manually. If you call PHP manually you can sefely change the permissions of that script to 644 or even 444.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Permission denied to GLOBALS
Next Topic: Warning: Lost connection to MySQL server during query
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 21:09:32 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.05219 seconds