FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Privacy Settings - How to do Correctly?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon2.gif  Privacy Settings - How to do Correctly? [message #9283] Thu, 20 March 2003 15:30 Go to next message
forrie is currently offline  forrie   United States
I want to create a set of groups that are NOT visible to unregistered users.

I set the Visible flag on all of these to NO; which apparently wasn't the correct way. Yet, I set the flag back to YES and they were still invisible. I had to delete the ENTIRE forum and recreate it to get them back.

I would like someone to explain how to create the proper config to facilitate the private groups. The documentation does not explain this clearly at all.

Thanks.

[Updated on: Thu, 20 March 2003 15:31]

Report message to a moderator

Re: Privacy Settings - How to do Correctly? [message #9330 is a reply to message #9283] Mon, 24 March 2003 15:40 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
There are two group managment control panels, one, which is an admin control panel (linked to from admin panel list) controls allows creation of new groups, assignment of moderators and specification of settings that moderators will be able to control.
The other control panel visible to priveleged (admins, group managers) linked to from most forum pages allows control over the actual permissions governing user behaviour.

The groups contain special users allowing control over actions of ALL anonymous and/or registered users for this forum. You can also add new users to the group with specific to them permissions.
To accelerate the user addition process the permission of the last added user are used as default permission fro new users, meaning that if you are adding a large number of users with same permissions all you need to do is insert their name and click add.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Error Log report (bug/perms?)
Next Topic: Email to friend bad link
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Oct 13 00:18:23 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.82029 seconds