FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » Warning: Lost connection to MySQL server during query
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon13.gif  Warning: Lost connection to MySQL server during query [message #4403] Thu, 25 July 2002 21:11 Go to next message
tmunn is currently offline  tmunn   United States
Warning: Lost connection to MySQL server during query in /usr/local/apache/htdocs/fudforum/install.php on line 60

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Lost connection to MySQL server during query in /usr/local/apache/htdocs/fudforum/install.php on line 60

Warning: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (111) in /usr/local/apache/htdocs/fudforum/install.php on line 93

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (111) in /usr/local/apache/htdocs/fudforum/install.php on line 93

Warning: MySQL: A link to the server could not be established in /usr/local/apache/htdocs/fudforum/install.php on line 93

I have mysql working, created fudforum user, created fudforum database, can access via mysql command line to localhost.

I think I compiled my php correctly, any Ideas???

Thomas
Re: Warning: Lost connection to MySQL server during query [message #4407 is a reply to message #4403] Fri, 26 July 2002 00:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
This is generally a PHP problem, when you compiled your PHP did you user PHP's mysql includes or the ones from your MySQL installation, also which MySQL version are you using?

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Warning: Lost connection to MySQL server during query [message #4425 is a reply to message #4403] Fri, 26 July 2002 13:42 Go to previous messageGo to next message
tmunn is currently offline  tmunn   United States
I used the native ones that come with php.....

Using mysql ver 11.18 Distrib 3.23.51, for pc-linux-gnu
Re: Warning: Lost connection to MySQL server during query [message #4426 is a reply to message #4425] Fri, 26 July 2002 14:33 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Administrator
Core Developer
It is ALWAYS recommended that you use the headers of the MySQL you have installed when compiling PHP rather then the ones come wit PHP.
The reason being your MySQL's headers in 99% of the case will be more recent.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: Warning: Lost connection to MySQL server during query [message #9294 is a reply to message #4403] Fri, 21 March 2003 21:43 Go to previous messageGo to next message
elnino is currently offline  elnino   United States
tmunn wrote on Thu, 25 July 2002 17:11

Warning: Lost connection to MySQL server during query in /usr/local/apache/htdocs/fudforum/install.php on line 60

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Lost connection to MySQL server during query in /usr/local/apache/htdocs/fudforum/install.php on line 60

Warning: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (111) in /usr/local/apache/htdocs/fudforum/install.php on line 93

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (111) in /usr/local/apache/htdocs/fudforum/install.php on line 93

Warning: MySQL: A link to the server could not be established in /usr/local/apache/htdocs/fudforum/install.php on line 93

I have mysql working, created fudforum user, created fudforum database, can access via mysql command line to localhost.

I think I compiled my php correctly, any Ideas???

Thomas

I'm having a similar problem, but I'm using Suse 8.1, php 4.2.2 mySQL 3.23.52. All which I installed using yast (from distribution).

I'm really new at this, and I'm pulling my hair Confused
Re: Warning: Lost connection to MySQL server during query [message #9295 is a reply to message #9294] Fri, 21 March 2003 21:44 Go to previous messageGo to next message
elnino is currently offline  elnino   United States
Actually I'm using FUD 2.3 and my errors are:

Warning: Lost connection to MySQL server during query in /srv/www/comtrol/forum/install.php on line 92

Warning: MySQL Connection Failed: Lost connection to MySQL server during query in /srv/www/comtrol/forum/install.php on line 92

LN
Re: Warning: Lost connection to MySQL server during query [message #9317 is a reply to message #9295] Mon, 24 March 2003 15:07 Go to previous message
Administrator
Core Developer
Not a FUDforum error. This is actually the result of the SQL server dropping the connection on your script. This often happens when persistent connections are used and the timeout value for SQL connections is small.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: maillist.php (CVS) appears to be broken...
Next Topic: Disaster recovery (HELP)!
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Wed Jun 26 17:05:09 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03283 seconds