FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » All users can appove all messages in moderated forums
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
icon9.gif  All users can appove all messages in moderated forums [message #965] Fri, 15 March 2002 17:32 Go to next message
kickaha is currently offline  kickaha   Germany
Hi,

I might have done a mistake installing the current stable version of the software, but while trying I found that all users, not only moderators, can appove all pending messages.

If you click on "Todays Postings" there is always the "Admin"-line which should only be seen by moderators. Here the users can click on the link that leads to the pending messages which they can easily approve then.

Is this a real bug or my mistake? Would be great if someone could help me!

Thanks a lot,
Torben
Re: All users can appove all messages in moderated forums [message #967 is a reply to message #965] Fri, 15 March 2002 21:08 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
This is indeed a bug and it has already been fixed in the latest CVS.

The bug is actually less serious then it appears, even though logged in users see the reported & moderation links, they WILL NOT actually see the reported or moderated messages and most definately not be able to do anything about them.

The only affect of the bug are the 2 useless links on the selmsg.php page.

If you REALLY need a fix for this ASAP, grab selmsg.php from the CVS and replace your selmsg.php with it.

FUDforum Core Developer
Re: All users can appove all messages in moderated forums [message #970 is a reply to message #967] Mon, 18 March 2002 08:19 Go to previous messageGo to next message
kickaha is currently offline  kickaha   Germany
Thanks for your quick reply! But I must admit, that my workmates here could indeed not only see the messages but also approve and delete them.
I will check for the CVS file though - or do you think I should try the CVS version completely?
Greetings from Munich,
Torben
Re: All users can appove all messages in moderated forums [message #972 is a reply to message #970] Mon, 18 March 2002 16:26 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
kickaha wrote on Mon, 18 March 2002 3:19 AM

Thanks for your quick reply! But I must admit, that my workmates here could indeed not only see the messages but also approve and delete them.
I will check for the CVS file though - or do you think I should try the CVS version completely?
Greetings from Munich,
Torben

If all goes well version 1.2.3 will be out later today, if you can wait that long then do so, otherwise just grab the upgrade script, for the CVS version from the download page and use it to upgrade your forum.

FUDforum Core Developer
  Switch to threaded view of this topic Create a new topic Submit Reply
Previous Topic: Tried to add a new user and I can't Login (new or otherwise) or post messages. Why?
Next Topic: user image in this forum doesnt work either
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sun Sep 08 00:09:55 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.02949 seconds