FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » 2.5.0 change order (forums, smilies) bug
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: 2.5.0 change order (forums, smilies) bug [message #11651 is a reply to message #11565] Thu, 10 July 2003 18:54 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wild_Cat is currently offline  Wild_Cat   Ukraine
Nope, the change position script seems to be affected. Since all the categories and every place where there is "change position" function are affected! Smilies, forums, categories...

I created a new category to test about this and new test forums in it - the same problem. The preceding or following items are moving TOGETHER with the item I want to move, keeping their position relatively.

E.g.

test1
test2
test3
test4

I want to move test3 to the first line. I do all the operations and the result it:

test2
test3
test1
test4

Accordingly, I cannot move the last item one position up or first item one position down (since in this case they should change places with the item with which they are stuck).

The only operation resulting right is to move test2 in the first example to first line (don't know why).

ALSO, on the "where to move" page I often notice in the generated link "newpos=3" on pos3 and on pos4 TOO! Of course, I can't move then anything to pos4 since there is no link. OR I've seen newpos=0 in the link for all the positions except the 1st one (then, surely, I can't move anything anywhere at all). I tried to write urls manually but it doesn't help.

It seems to me that there is some problem with counting positions (in the script?). I understand that this bug can be worked around by adding everything at new in the order I need, but not countin about 40 new smilies, the whole forum is up and running! I can't just delete it... And what about the function to change position which doesn't work? It is strange that I am the only one to have this problem! What can it be? Database bug? Server misinterpreting or skipping the counted lines somehow? How can I fix the situation?

Lady of Avalon
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message