FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » 2.5.2 dump and re-import problem
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: 2.5.2 dump and re-import problem [message #12418 is a reply to message #12407] Thu, 07 August 2003 13:52 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
rockvilleguy is currently offline  rockvilleguy   United States
I uninstalled my new installation of 2.5.2 and re-installed paying very close attention to the DB settings. On the first page it says MySQL is enabled and PostgreSQL is disabled. I assume that means it will use MySQL since there's no other selector for DB type that I saw. The installation went fine and the test forum that gets created seems to work okay. I can post and browse and all that.

Then I try to do the data import from the old forum and get exactly the same error I did before. So I went into the forums data directory and moved the sql/pgsql directory to pgsql_old so the import code wouldn't use it. When I tried to then import the data again the process completed almost instantly. I logged into the forum and saw that the old forums forums were there with all of the relevant stats but there was no messages or contents in any of them.

So I guess you must be right about it getting mixed up with the pgSQL stuff but I don't know why that is since neither of my Linux boxes have ever even had PostgreSQL installed let alone configured.

Any more tips? Is it possible for me to verify that I have a valid and complete MySQL data dump from my old forum?

[Updated on: Thu, 07 August 2003 13:55]

Report message to a moderator

[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Could the Developers give us an EXPANDED installer? :)
Next Topic: install problem - on line 354
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 02:35:50 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.07664 seconds