FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » I would like mathml support
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: I would like mathml support [message #13498 is a reply to message #13449] Tue, 14 October 2003 14:53 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
math_adm is currently offline  math_adm   France
Not only the math community, but all scientific community. Even physicians and others often need to write a formula as part of the message body. And they usually revert to using an ugly unprecise ascii description.

Usually, I tend to think that computer scientists only design systems for themselves, who don't need to write integrals all the time Very Happy

Now, fudforum would be the only forum to support it, putting it well ahead its competitors.

As to browsers, mozilla/netscape support mathml natively. There is a "standard" plugin for IE (mathplayer IIRC), and MathML can be converted to images on-the-fly (there are opensource systems for that) or flash. The main problem is really to have an mathml-enabled editor. All implementations of this I've ever seen was using a java applet. (Not quite in fact: there is a prototype for mozilla written in javascript).

If this is really too much work and you think it's not worth the trouble, then nevermind, it's great to have this forum system anyway Smile. But maybe others can try to help me convince you Smile
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message