FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » Thread rating feature slightly confusing  () 2 Votes
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Thread rating feature slightly confusing [message #1506 is a reply to message #1504] Wed, 17 April 2002 22:35 Go to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
snafu wrote on Wed, 17 April 2002 6:15 PM

Great!

I did a FUD demo to a product team last Monday, and thread rating was one of the first things they asked about: they noticed the ambiguity *immediately*. (They're interested in 'harvesting' threads for use in some kind of kbase, which brings up a whole raft of issues/suggestions/RFE's that I won't pester you with right now)

Anyways, I now have these questions:

Does a thread's rating have any other impact besides making stars appear, such as adjusting prominence in search results display? If not, can I re-purpose the rating system to mean 1=slightly_good, 5=really_good, without adverse consequences elsewhere in the application? I think this would suit the purposes of a technical support forum a little better.

Let me know what you think.

Thread rating as it is right now has no additional functionality beside showing X number of stars beside rated threads.

You can pretty safely use it for other applications without really worrying about the consequences.

FUDforum Core Developer
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Moved forums and mailnotification
Next Topic: anonymous users aren't logged with IP
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon Sep 16 19:08:43 GMT 2024