FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » 1st step of Installation: Access Rights Settings
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: 1st step of Installation: Access Rights Settings [message #15101 is a reply to message #15073] Tue, 02 December 2003 12:41 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
mexxx is currently offline  mexxx   Slovakia
I've got the phpinfo() output for you, my ISP asked my not to publish it on the web, so I used PM for that.

Are you sure that I'm not doing something wrong?
I've copied the installation files on the ftp server (without changing any file permissions, so that folders are set to 705 and files are set to 604). and I ran the install.php script.

and then all those errors, I described in the forum, occured.

I've tried one thing: everytime I got the error that the .htaccess file can't be created I deleted the folder (because I can't gain the ownership as well as change permissions unless I own the file) and created a folder with the same name then clicked <back> in my browser and clicked <next> in the 1st step of the installation. I kept on doing this for a while, but when I got to the folder i18n and I've realized that there is a lot more folder to do this way I stoped. May creating the directory structure on the FTP server help?

and three last questions:
do you know about some way how to change owner through ftp? (despite the fact that the <SITE CHMOD xxx filename> command workds with my ftp a command like <site chowner ..> doesn't)

whould asking my ISP to change the ownership of the Server root and Forum Data root folders to http solve all of this problems?

If I installed the fudforum on my local webserver (which I did with no problem) and then moved the installed files to my webserver provided by ISP, would the forum work the sane as if it was installed on the ISP's server?

thnx a lot
[Message index]

Read Message icon5.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Fatal Error at beginning of install
Next Topic: Administrator does not have permission?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Jul 06 05:29:22 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03951 seconds