FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » img bug introduced in most recent revision
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: img bug introduced in most recent revision [message #158622 is a reply to message #158592] Sun, 08 March 2009 19:18 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Marticus
Thanks, Frank. I'm not really up on regular expressions. I notice that some of your " are now followed by ? but not all of them, and the ' />' is now ' ?/?>'. Am am testing it momentarily, but I am curious about the inconsistency of the "?

What does this do exactly?

Before I go on, Frank and everyone involved, I really wanted to point out that this project is amazing and you guys do so much for it and, while it may not be a thankless job, you certainly don't get paid for countless dedicated hours working on it.

I for one really appreciate all the work done here and am always happy when my thoughts help out even in the smallest way. That being said, the following is only to provide a few ideas that might help improve the methods used for maintaining the code base.

Also note, my comment that brought this up was not intended to be spiteful in any way. Curiosity is a significant part of my character archetype.

As for testing, I think waiting longer might before going live might help. I do understand that small bugs make it into the final code sometimes. More time for the public to play with RCs should yield better results. Not sure what the bell curve looks like on that one, but I know a week doesn't even come close to the climax Smile

I also know this was a special release to placate several concerned parties, but when the RC came out, they were already ecstatic. I don't think they would have minded waiting a little longer for a final release.

It might also be worth making a list of svn comments as things are committed. For my own smaller projects, I keep a text document with a compiled list of comments along with the file names affected. I add to this list every time I test and commit something. Then I give that to my beta testers and QA so they know what to pinpoint, even after I test it myself. Sometimes my tests aren't nearly as aggressive as theirs.

This may sound like a lot of work, but it takes me only a couple seconds to copy and paste and another 30 seconds to test a feature associated with the change before committing it.
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message