FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » img bug introduced in most recent revision
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: img bug introduced in most recent revision [message #158632 is a reply to message #158625] Sun, 08 March 2009 20:20 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Marticus
naudefj wrote on Sun, 08 March 2009 14:54
Maybe we could adopt a even/odd release cycle similar to that of the Linux kernel where odd version numbers can have new features, but even versions will only have stability fixes.

I forgot to reply to this. It is an idea. It does seem overly complicated for this relatively small project. How would clients react to having a 2.9.x upstream and a 2.8.x upstream. It would be terribly confusing and make our support community lives more complicated as well. At which point would you consider going to a 2.11.x and 2.12.x? At which point would you consider going to a 3.x? I'm sure there are many other factors to consider, but I can't wrap my brain around that concept for such a small project. Of course, this is not my project so who am I to say? Smile
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message