FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » HELP! Cannot login with exact username and password (Cookies wrong or?)
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: HELP! Cannot login with exact username and password [message #160054 is a reply to message #159944] Mon, 20 July 2009 19:59 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Anonymous
Disabling the Antivirus didn't help in either browser even after flushing cookies.

No other firewall than WinXP standard one is installed. Disabling it does not help either.

Internet Explorer started for the first time on this machine also displayed the same symptoms (even though I first added your domain to allowed for all cookies via Control Panel).

So it is not software cookies issue. And it only happens on your website.

I did reboot and retried a few times before first writing you.

Could something be wrong with my account because I didn't visit for a long time? (although I do still receive new topic notifications by subscription) Can you please check this?

I repeat: the correct password seems to be recognized (incorrect passwords produce a different result such as displaying appropriate login failure message) but the cookie is not subsequently set in ANY available broswer (Firefox, IE, GChrome) with or without disable antivirus (Avast) or WinXP SP3 standard firewall.

I am at complete loss as to what could cause this issue on your particular forum but I'd like to find out rather than try registering a different username e.g. with no guaranteed result.
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message