FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » Archiving an Email List
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Configuring an Email Group [message #160279 is a reply to message #160278] Fri, 14 August 2009 01:32 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
wittrs is currently offline  wittrs   United States
Hi. Thanks so much for those examples. I purchased a php book and am finally starting to understand this better. But what I am having trouble with is something that appears to be quite elementary. There's something extremely basic that I am not grasping. You have shown me two examples of php script, one that grabs emails and another that grabs a certain kind of archive. Presumably these examples stand as alternatives to the generic ones provided in FUDforum documentation? That documentation says one of two options exist:

1. run this: "cat 0471.msg | /usr/local/bin/php maillist.php 1" in the command prompt (for unix), which on my host I believe is located in something called a CRON tab, which allows me to run a Unix-shell command. (the maillist.php is a general example, mine looks a little different).

2. run the following script where php-general(at)lists(dot)php(dot)net is simply the email address you want to capture:
:0:
* ^TO_.*php-general(at)lists(dot)php(dot)net
| /home/FUDdata/scripts/maillist.php 1

Here is a very simple question. If I were to run 2 above, or if I where to take your example script instead, WHERE WOULD I PUT IT???? Does 2 (above) get inserted directly in the maillist.php file? If I use your recommended php script, do I use that as an alternative to 2, and if so -- WHERE DO I PUT IT? Does it go in place of maillist.php? (Just cut and past into the maillist.php file, erasing the old script and using the alternative you gave?).

I don't know where to put this stuff!!

Yours hopeful and wishing that my ignorance will soon be abated. And thank you so much for your help

[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: How Can I Transfer a website?
Next Topic: What template/section ?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Mon Oct 21 20:24:57 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.06623 seconds