FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » Where'd the message link go?
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Where'd the message link go? [message #160589 is a reply to message #160587] Fri, 02 October 2009 01:44 Go to previous message
Wild_Cat is currently offline  Wild_Cat   Ukraine
naudefj wrote on Thu, 01 October 2009 21:30
Wild_Cat wrote on Thu, 23 July 2009 23:06
Something like [message #000123 is a reply to message #000456]

I'm pretty sure it was never like this. For example, look at this site that's still running FUDforum 2.7.6. However, going forward, it might be worth while adding this to FUDforum 3.0.0.

I was actually running 2.6.0 or even earlier last time I used it AFAIR. I actually still have the pages - not as engine but HTML archive and we can see how it was:
http://avalon.net.ua/forum_archive/index.php-t=msg&th=149&rid=0& ;amp ;amp ;start=0.htm (it's in Russian)
"message #456 | reply to #123"
But there were no links to my surprise (memory!)
Anyways, "is a reply to" is too long and cloggy when totally linked. I think it's ugly even now, if you add the useful link to "message #self" will look even worse I guess.

naudefj wrote on Thu, 01 October 2009 21:30
We also need an option for making the subject a link to the message itself. For this, I would appreciate some CSS style suggestions.

Well, it could be "forum location" style (forum - subcategory - etc). Or indeed a link without underline works well or like in a Russian Blog site when it seems just like a bold-style basic color header (like here now) but when you mouse-over it's a link with a mouse-over color of other links in the style.
http://www.liveinternet.ru/users/wild_cat/
That's the most discreet it gets, and you do have a point, I could use that too e.g. for "copy link and location as HTML/BBCode" (an extension ability to Firefox) that I find very useful and quite often recur to it (saves time to copy a ready link code to a blog or forum).

Lady of Avalon

[Updated on: Fri, 02 October 2009 02:03]

Report message to a moderator

[Message index]

Read Message icon5.gif
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Need Some Fixes, Willing to Pay
Next Topic: Where is the quoting down for nntp replies?
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Thu Sep 19 23:45:55 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03778 seconds