FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » Post 2.6.0 TODO
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Post 2.6.0 TODO - email message format [message #16192 is a reply to message #15833] Tue, 20 January 2004 12:18 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Wild_Cat is currently offline  Wild_Cat   Ukraine
Actually, I were thinking all the time of why the notifications are HTML? I personally prefer txt for it takes less space and were thinking to convert my notification template to plain text (I didn't use yet the maillist, although I think to do so in the future. What about it? Same thing? I mean when it's a forum post which gets distributed, it's HTML?)

Mass-mail in my comprehension is not to use too often and for the admin it seems quite OK to me to use plain text.

So may be, it could be a good idea for users to be able to select format for the notification (& maillist posted on the forum) for that matter in their preferences? That would take as far as I see as much as 1 additional template and 1 extra field to fud_users table + notify & maillist from forum sending functions with an extra comparison clause? And perhaps one more function for smilies replacement with its name, or had that been already done for maillist, I seem to have read it somewhere?

Lady of Avalon
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message