FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Installation Issues » SQL Error when upgrading : #1054
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: SQL Error when upgrading : #1054 [message #16389 is a reply to message #16385] Wed, 28 January 2004 03:38 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
jdarnold is currently offline  jdarnold   United States
Quote:

Add $GLOBALS['LANGUAGE'] = 'english'; and $GLOBALS['LOCALE'] = 'POSIX'; somewhere on line 1270

Did that but then I can't get past the MD5 Checksum test

Quote:

Warning: gzuncompress(): data error in /home/virtual/site11/fst/var/www/html/forum/upgrade.php on line 879
Archive did not pass checksum test, CORRUPT ARCHIVE!
If you've encountered this error it means that you've:
    downloaded a corrupt archive
    uploaded the archive in ASCII and not BINARY mode
    your FTP Server/Decompression software/Operating System added un-needed cartrige return ('\r') characters to the archive, resulting in archive corruption.

Commented out the function at 879 and got the following mess:
Quote:

Checking if SQL permissions to perform the upgrade are avaliable
Disable the forum
Forum is now disabled
Beginning the file upgrade process
Begining to decompress the archive

Warning: strpos(): Offset not contained in string. in /home/virtual/site11/fst/var/www/html/forum/upgrade.php on line 680

Notice: Undefined offset: 1 in /home/virtual/site11/fst/var/www/html/forum/upgrade.php on line 684
Finished decompressing the archive
File Upgrade Complete
Any changed files were backed up to: "/var/www/html/5th-imperium.net/forum-data/errors/.backup/"

Beginning SQL Upgrades
SQL Upgrades Complete
Adding GLOBAL Variables
Compiling theme default

Warning: file_get_contents(/var/www/html/5th-imperium.net/forum-data/thm/default/i18 n//charset): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in/home/virtual/site11/fst/var/www/html/forum-data/include/compiler.inc on line 509
Missing Message entry postcheck_subj_needed inside i18n//msg

so I figured I screwed something up with my editor (BBEDIT 6.1.2), made sure it was set with UNIX lined endings and went back to orignal UPGRADE.PHP, added globals, tried commenting out two different MD5 if statements and still got the first error listed above

All I care about is getting the Forum operational again. Don't care about templates, just would like messages intact, user info intact (not including avatars). Everything else I can recreate, could this be done with a full install instead or will it wipe everything out???
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: phpBB2 > FUDforum Conversion
Next Topic: Can't run install.php in forum directory...
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Wed Jul 03 18:02:11 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.04913 seconds