FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » XML Problems
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
XML Problems [message #163960] Fri, 17 December 2010 02:21 Go to previous message
wittrs is currently offline  wittrs   
I've been having problems with an XML feed that I cannot, myself, solve. Here's the problem:

Imagine a feed with 15 messages authored by 15 different people. Let's call the messages X and the authors Y. When I import the feed, I get the following results:

1. Only one message, X1, arrives. However, all of the authors, Y1-Y15, are placed in my board as members. They are listed as having 0 messages. So the php file is grabbing the feed, parsing it, but not going through the loop that brings in all the feed messages.

2. The next time the feed runs, it either brings in the same message X1 again (as a duplicate), or it brings in a single message, X2.

3. The next time it runs, you either get X2 again, or, if you are lucky, X3.

It never, ever, brings the entire feed in. The most messages I got was about 6. Instead, I keep getting the same one it is stuck on, each time it runs. Here's the kicker: the date on the XML rule for last message incorporated never changes. It stays at 1970 no matter what happens.

In sum, the php file is going through the iteration, but only partially. It appears to be stopping midstream. I'm not getting an error message from my cron tab that I know of. (I'm trying to verify that. It could be that I get that "500. internal error." It's hard to say -- I'm trying to verify that.)

Any thoughts? Here is the feed: http://www.poliscijobrumors.com/rss.php?topic=28977

Any suggestions you have are greatly appreciated.

[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: Email Addresses in Body of NNTP Messages Imported
Next Topic: 3.0.2RC1 - Accented characters are gone in imported message subjects
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Fri Sep 27 21:33:07 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.03443 seconds