FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » Bug Reports » SQL4 compatibility
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Moving FUD, symlinks, thanks [message #16686 is a reply to message #16654] Thu, 12 February 2004 20:17 Go to previous message
tecmes is currently offline  tecmes   Canada
It worked. It has been stated elsewhere in the forum, but I might as well repeat two important steps when moving FUD from a server to another :

-rebuild the theme(s). One important symptom associated with not doing this are wrong links in the forum.

-make sure the globals.php situated in the web root and webroot/adm folders are symlinks to the globals.php in dataroot/include. To do that, first make sure the globals.pphp in /include looks correct, then erase any possible copies in the two first folders, lastly recreate the symlinks by using shell (if you have shell access) or a simple PHP script such as :

<?php
symlink("<dataroot>/include/GLOBALS.php", "<webroot>/GLOBALS.php");
symlink("<dataroot>/include/GLOBALS.php", "<webroot>/adm/GLOBALS.php");
?> 
e.g. <webroot> may be something like "/users/b/bobsponge/public_html/fudforum/

A symptom for a globals.php symlink error is when you change a parameter in the admin panel but it doesn't appear to be applied to the forum.

---

I want to thank Ilia once more for the fast and efficient support provided along my server switch. You have made this transition smooth despite the hurdles laid by other parties. I'm sure the players in my forum are as grateful as me for your decisive help.
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message