FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » How To » manually create/manage new themes
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: some really important questions [message #17911 is a reply to message #17910] Sat, 24 April 2004 22:09 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Ilia is currently offline  Ilia   Canada
Administrator
Core Developer
lahoo wrote on Sat, 24 April 2004 17:58

An alternative way is if you tell me if and how I can create the themes manually. Which folders should be duplicated, in which manner and what else needs to be done?
In other words, how do I manage themes and templates manually if there's no easy way around the permission problems?

You can create a template set manually by making a copy of the default directory inside the thm/ directory. Creating a theme manually is not something I would advise doing, however if you need to do, the methods for doing so can be found inside include/theme.inc, you can see how they are used from admthemes.php.

Quote:

Is such information available?

What information are you looking for specifically. The basic gist of it is that the compiler.inc takes templates, i18n files and php source code and based on that generates the final files. This of course involves resolving various parts of the templates to text & PHP variables.

Quote:

Do you regard FUD forum to be installable and managable under these cicumstances with continous permission related failures when managin themes plus the server running PHP in safe mode?

Sure, FUDforum is not affected by safe_mode, it'll work just fine on safe_mode system. If you need to change files outside of FUDforum it may be more difficult then on a system without safe mode. However, by unlocking the forum files, you can still download them via FTP and consequently replace them manually. The operation of the forum itself is not at all hindered by safe_mode restrictions.

FUDforum Core Developer
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: How to read new messages?
Next Topic: protect users against spam bots collecting emails
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]

Current Time: Sat Jun 29 01:32:53 GMT 2024

Total time taken to generate the page: 0.06034 seconds