FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum Development » FUDforum 3.0+ » Translation of help pages
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Translation of help pages [message #1816 is a reply to message #1814] Tue, 23 April 2002 10:41 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
Olliver   Germany
Hello,
I know it sounds strange, but there are a number of people in Germany administrating systems - thus they should be able to deal with English terms - who are indeed helpless by the time they have no German interface. Just happened yesterday night, as I tried to convince someone of the forthcoming FUD2 release. No matter how much I stressed the advanced security features the guy eventually chose to use the phpBB 2.0 just because it has been nicely translated into German. I asked him why he ignores the fact that this board has a great lack of security the answer I got was rather typical "I live in Germany and I want to deal/speak/read German and not to be confronted with foreign stuff that I don't understand...". Ok, the guy who said this was a typical Microsoft Certified Mouseclick Admin who's afraid of Linux Smile But it's a good example that u cannot expect people judging with sensible arguments, most of them only seem to care whether they can do administration in their native language.
bye
Ken

[Updated on: Tue, 23 April 2002 10:42]

Report message to a moderator

[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message icon3.gif
Read Message
Read Message icon6.gif