FUDforum
Fast Uncompromising Discussions. FUDforum will get your users talking.

Home » FUDforum » FUDforum Suggestions » Name for Anonymous and no Session-ID
Show: Today's Messages :: Polls :: Message Navigator
Return to the default flat view Create a new topic Submit Reply
Re: Name for Anonymous and no Session-ID [message #18440 is a reply to message #18388] Sat, 22 May 2004 21:34 Go to previous messageGo to previous message
lahoo is currently offline  lahoo   Sweden
Xonk

My users are unamazed that they have to register to post with a choosen name. So they write as guest and this is very confusing with all the guests.
I don't looked in your coding till now. But is it possible with no considerable expenditure to make an option in the fudforum to allow guests to post with a name?
- There must be a check if the name is already registered.
- In the list of postings etc. the anonym names should be distinguish from the registred from.

Hej Sven.

I see your reasons and think that the suggestion is valid in some, maybe not all, forum situations. However, another interesting question is how to handle the situation when someone registers a new account under a name that someone used anonymously before.

If the FUD team changes theitr minds then the situation could be solved by pre- or suffixing the name entered by anonymous posters with a certain string. E.g. if I entered Gonk as name for an anonymous posting then the message would be filed as posted by something like anon_Gonk, -Gonk- or Gonk_unknown.
[Message index]

Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Read Message
Previous Topic: "curtime" css change.
Next Topic: A few ideas
Goto Forum:

-=] Back to Top [=-
[ Syndicate this forum (XML) ] [ RSS ]